Why become a member? ×

Paul Carrack with Pino Palladino.

bubinga5

i love this guys musicality ..i love his voice. like i do Micheal Mcdonald, . his sound/style and playing reminds me of him... ive not heard any Warm Dust, but i know alot of ACE's records. he always seem like the sort of musician that was behind the music. love his live version of this. one of my favourite ever records. the reason i mentioned Pino is because not a lot of people know Paul, so i suckered you Pino lovers into listen this guys music. Muuwhaaa.!

ok you know him already.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYRmQRtS3cw[/media]

His and the bands version of Marvin Gaye's Whats Goin on is really great. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32QKq3QZ-ik[/media]

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='John Cellario' timestamp='1383945500' post='2271244']
Great choice..is this Mike and The Mechanics?
[/quote]

this clip is from the Strat Pack concert at Wembley Arena. It also featured Brian May, David Gilmour, Albert Lee, Gary Moore, and loads of others. I was there and it was a great night,

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1383941076' post='2271160']
not a lot of people know Paul,
[/quote]

Paul Carrack is great, and I was under the impression that he was well known,
and indeed well liked. certainly in the music business.

Nice vids.

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1383941076' post='2271160']
not a lot of people know Paul
[/quote]
After playing since the 70s with groups like Ace, Squeeze, Roxy Music, Elton John, Mike and the Mechanics, Simply Red, Roger Walters, Ringo Starr and having made 16 albums and with a UK #2 and US #1 i'm sure that a lot of people know Paul. :)

Excellent and terrifically well played / sung version of What's Going On. My favourite is Donny Hathaways' on the Live Album but regardless, Paul Carrack has a hell of a voice.
B)

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1383994480' post='2271607']
After playing since the 70s with groups like Ace, Squeeze, Roxy Music, Elton John, Mike and the Mechanics, Simply Red, Roger Walters, Ringo Starr and having made 16 albums and with a UK #2 and US #1 i'm sure that a lot of people know Paul. :)
[/quote]well i wasnt talking about you knowledgeable dudes obviously.. !! ;)

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1384015927' post='2271958']
well i wasnt talking about you knowledgeable dudes obviously.. !! ;)
[/quote]
Sorry, didn't mean to be a big head!!! ..... I really thought that Paul Carrack would be a favourite amongst the, let's say, more mature BC members. :rolleyes:

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1384016796' post='2271975']
Sorry, didn't mean to be a big head!!! ..... I really thought that Paul Carrack would be a favourite amongst the, let's say, more mature BC members. :rolleyes:
[/quote] what mature oldies like , Clarky, JTUK, Molan, Xilddx, etc.? yeah they know this stuff already. the nippers need some good music. :lol:

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1384019856' post='2272031']
what mature oldies like , Clarky, JTUK, Molan, Xilddx, etc.? yeah they know this stuff already. the nippers need some good music. :lol:
[/quote]
I'm far too polite to name names but you're right, it wouldn't hurt any youngsters to listen to Paul Carrack. He's a great singer and always seems to be enjoying himself.

A testament to how good he is/was that i often saw Ace for free on the London pub scene in the 70s and when they stated getting popular i still went to see then although they were then charging 50p entry. :D

Edited by BetaFunk