Why become a member? ×

Hi folks

Chippy147

Just a quick intro and hello. Had a look around the site and it looks great...you seem to have it all covered.
I just hit the big "Five-Oh" in June and decided to set myself a new challenge…learn to play bass. I've been involved in music since I was a choirboy aged seven (damn, did I admit that out loud?). I played a series of instruments through school, trumpet, cornet, sax and my Mother was a piano teacher so inevitably I played keys too. From about 18yrs onwardsI have played keys then drums in a stack of local bands (Leicester) with a serious lack of commercial success! I also earnt a bob or two writing jingles for a now defunct radio station…not my fault, it went bust;-).
Having played one half of the rhythm section for a long time, I decided to jump to the enlightened side and take up bass. Still very much a noob, I've been trying to learn on a cheap and dirty bass from a junk shop. Having now realised that it was not helping, a couple of days ago I bought an Ibanez SR500 on the bay. Picking it up tomorrow, can't wait to get my mits on it.
Anyway, enough for now. Glad I found BassChat, it looks like a great community and a fantastic knowledge bank.
Laters..Chris.