Why become a member? ×

Venues in Glasgow

bassist_lewis

Can any Glasgow based BCers tell me which venues to contact about gigs? One of my bands is looking to start gigging there but I don't know what venues to start with (maybe leave the O2 Academy for next year :P), the kind that put on anyone. we're an eclectic mix of DnB, jazz, funk, punk, rock, reggae and electronica.

Aside from the O2/ABC I've recently had a band up at Stereo, that was nice. Lovely place, nice staff and crew and we got fed a tasty meal too - all vegan food, some interesting and tasty stuff on the menu.

We had a bit of a Spinal Tap moment in there too. Drummer walked through the wrong door into a fire exit instead of the dressing room after the main set and couldn't get back out for the encore!

What size venues you looking for?

There's also The Classic Grand, probably holds 200-300 I'd say, maybe a wee bit more. There's the O2 ABC 2 and Barrowlands 2. Ivory Blacks as well, maybe 150-200...although they are probably more catering towards the indie and rock end of the market to be fair.

Edited by lou24d53

Not a good experience at nice n sleazy's last time, the whole selling tickets for our first ever gig in Glasgow where we have no following thing grinded our gears, the usual paradox.
The box is a good shout though, our keyboard player spoke to them when we played nice n sleazy's but never followed it up.