Why become a member? ×

John Mc Vie Has Cancer

Hobbayne

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band continued after his demise, the band merely the addendum 'without Alex'. However, given the advancing years of the band I would not be surprised if Mick Fleetwood called it a day should JM succumb. The other two also have successful solo careers of their own which they could pick up again. So the band and name may well cease to be.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1382966558' post='2258517']
Jeez man, what is up with you lot? The poor guy isn't even dead!
[/quote]

No he's not and everybody hopes he will pull through, as almost everyone has stated.

I think people simply feel the need to comment in some way on the sad news. :(

Please take this in the spirit it is intended, but this won't be the end of John. If the years of the hard rock n roll lifestyle couldn't see him off, this tough old bugger will send cancer packing!
They make these British rockers from the old days out of stern stuff, to quote a line from the movie get him to the Greek "Ozzie Osborne will outlive Miley Cyrus"! Lets just hope it's true for Mr Mac too.
I agree with everything mentioned before, I love fleetwood mac and John gives a text book example of what it means to be a bass player holding down the bottom end in a band, rock solid and tight on the drums. Sure there may well have been a fleetwood "insert bass players surname here" without John, but I doubt it could have been anything close what they have been. I think they are the greatest example of a pop/contemporary rock rhythm section, they are two halves of the same whole and made perfect for each other.

Get well soon John, it's my dream to see fleetwood mac live!