Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

NCD Genz Benz Focus 112 x2

Ticktock

Couldn't wait any longer so cancelled my order for an eden cab with Thomann.
Called Mark at Bassdirect and spent more money than I should have. I got two Genz Benz Focus 112 cabs.
Instead of using the parallel jacks sockets to daisy chain them I made a Y speakon cable which works very well indeed.
The GKMB 200 amp sounds great through these cabs, even at band jam session the volume didn't go higher than 9 o'clock. So much welly for one so small. I turned up to play carrying a cab in each hand and my bandmates just giggled as they carried them in for me. Then after setup and a quick cuppa we got stuck in. Big grins all round, finally I have my bass sound.
Band mates are nearlŷ as happy as I am. The cabs are more transparent then anything I have ever played through. Like playing through a hifi. I rolled off the treble a bit and the high mids, upped the bass and rattled our insides for a bit. Whooo. So clear and defined.

I am one very happy, empty walleted man.

When I got the cabs and tried them out for the first time my kids got very excited. Then they went and watched TV. Minutes later they chorused "no more bass, Daddy". Had to put it all away. Management had spoken.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1382293093' post='2250256']
Yes, considering the way their amp-owners rave about the amps I`m surprised there aren`t more reviews/user opinions on Genz cabs.
[/quote]
I think plenty of folk using genz amps have genz cabs just to the focus range, they could have done with a focus range head to make a cheaper rig that should have been good. Most people with a top of the range head are going to be using the neox range like me or people with loads of dosh will have the uber cabs. Maybe the focus cabs never had a suitably priced head to make them sell as well as other brands?

ok ill put my hand up im using 2 2x10 focus cabs stacked vertically with a streamliner head and the only thing that I thought felt flimsy was the 3 way switch for the horn on the back of the cab.apart from that they seem well braced and put together and they don't vibrate like my marshall mb cabs did.but they were awful cabs

to be honest I think im sorted on the amp/cab front.ive had the cabs for about 15 months now and they are gigged once or twice almost every week and they have been no trouble at all the cabs have a nice amount of low end and mids I don't play with the horn on but when ive tried it it was nice and quiet not a noticeable amount of hiss.the streamliner on the other hand was far form the simple amp they made it out to be.it took me a good while to find the perfect tone.i found it by turning the bass down to about 9/10 o'clock.now I wouldn't part with amp or cab

Great review/info about them.
I have 2 sitting in my bassment, waiting for an amp, and one day to been tried out.
Unfortunatly, to busy to do that :( Can't see the day. They are veri tiny and very light. :)
They are one of those type of cabs that no one give nothing until take a closer look and try them :)
Probably, that's why they are so cheap.. and who buy them apreciates :D

Nice!!!!! I've just pulled the trigger on a Focus 115T to go with my Shuttle 6.2 210. They seem a bargain for that money. I'll be very sad to see Genz go. If it wasn't for my imminent poverty (1st child on the way) I'd also have been in for a Steamliner 900 while they're still available.