Why become a member? ×

Fender CIJ non-export 70's RI Precision Bass PB70-US ! Sold
£650

Dood

I promised myself I'd never sell this bass, a phrase that has been seen written many times on BassChat. This is an interesting one as it has been one of my favourites, yet has been a collectable rather than a player. In the time that I've owned it, it hasn't actually ever played a gig. The first time this wonderful instrument was used *properly* was for last months edition of Guitar Interactive Magazine, where you'll be able to see and hear it in action.

The bass originally came with a mirror scratch plate and chrome hardware along with the US Vintage pickups and I understand CTS pots.

I have upgraded with premium Wilkinson tuning keys, a superb high-mass gold bridge and a correct 70's three ply black pickguard. The colour scheme was chosen to match John Deacon's original P bass that he had refinished sometime around 1985-86 ready for the A Kind Of Magic tour. Oh, gold knobs, Gold screws, Gold neck plate and gold schaller strap lock buttons too!

If you are not aware, the non-export models are Japan's premium instruments that aren't meant to be out in europe as they clash with Fender's USA models (and are available at a much lower price considering how GOOD these are.)

I'm not sure if I should even be selling this one, but the time seems right and I need a flush of 'new' to take me forward. The price is realistic for the quality and condition for the instrument in line with (or rather cheaper than) other non-export models.

This is the real deal that makes a total mockery of original 70's P basses (of which plenty I've played).

Shipping will only happen if a full hardcase can be provided OR I will source one and add it to the cost. Shipping is always insured and tracked and I would prefer to deal UK only.

Bank transfer is accepted.

Pictures to come shortly

*** Checking eBay, from Japan_Syndrome you can buy export models of the PBx0- basses for £618 + £80 shipping + vat Plus 20% of total on top to cover customs and excise minimum. This one is a good deal I reckon!

Nyargh! Struggling with a mobile device. The first picture is of the bass now and the second, a much clearer image features the bass with the original keys and bridge on.

I'll get some more 'photos up if anyone would like. You are welcome to come play this one - you'll probably end up leaving with it! Superb instrument - I can even have it set up ready for your playing style.

Check the description and ask any questions. I'm not planning on putting on eBay as I would rather sell to the BC community. Shipping can be discussed also.

Drop me a line!

Well I've just popped it on my girlfriend's weighing scales and it says 4Kg. I've no idea how accurate they are, but I reckon it's a light bass, certainly in comparison to my other basses.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1380658235' post='2228669']P basses ([color=#00ff00][b][i]of which plenty I've played[/i][/b][/color]).[/quote]

You are Yoda and I claim my five pounds! :)

Edited by Conan