Why become a member? ×

On hold- Squier JV0 early Fender logo Precision Bass '57ri bass
£990

LukeFRC

Hello

So this was my main bass for years - I love it, but find myself playing just my Warwick now, and have got used to the thinner nut width on that,
I want to declutter from all the random music stuff I seem to have built up over the years so everything that doesn't get used is up for grabs.

Short blurb: fairly rare and good condition 1982 JV Squier Precision Bass - possibly one of the best vintage reissues that has ever been made with the Fender logo on it. Lightweight at 9lb or so, a resonant instrument with a beautiful sound, just like the records we all grew up with (and a bit of grit off the maple fretboard if you dig in).

I'll only stick two pictures up to save space - the only difference to the photos is I tracked down an original JV pickup with the raised A pole pieces which is currently installed. Hiscox hard case with a bit of heat damage. More photos and details available for interested folk.

£990

(some Text borrowed from Warwickhunt's listing cheers :) )
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sorry, no offers on the price and though I will listen to part-ex or trade offers.
Older Warwicks esp thumbs would interest me, as would some modern jazz bass types...(try me) however in most cases I would trade to sell it on so will listen to trade ideas so long as it is priced such that I can sell it on here straightaway for whatever price you value it at. If I think that a bass offered wouldn't realistically sell quickly on here at your price or just doesn't interest me, please don't be offended if I decline your offer (not intending to be rude). [/font][/color] Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='richardd' timestamp='1380533580' post='2226548']
What a Beautiful Bass.Have a matey Bump Luke, just for your interest a new #42 from Nino is $2375 plus UK import duty. and still it never sold. GLWYS. :)
[/quote] plus VAT so that's about £2000 ... crikey - you given up trying to sell now? It was a mistake me digging out those old photos of #42 - it's a cracking bass.

[quote name='tedmanzie' timestamp='1380614891' post='2227728']
Basschat Marketplace has all the best JVs at the moment! :)
Bump for a beautiful bass!
[/quote]

Agreed there's a bit of a JV sellers club going on this past few weeks!

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1380614996' post='2227730']
Agreed there's a bit of a JV sellers club going on this past few weeks!
[/quote] .... all of us waiting for the JV buyers club to come along and buy, or trade!

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1380967730' post='2232856']
So... lack of response would suggest no-one's interested in this bass (which is fine, there's a load of great JV's about at the moment) no one interested? I've not even had the low ball offers!
[/quote]

Go on then, £5 and a mars bar :)