Why become a member? ×

Hohner Jack spares

lownote

thinking of getting a jack and just nice to know if and where bits can be found. E.g. There's one on Gumtree at the moment that's been in its case for 15 years and has corroded pickup screws. Only a little job but made much trickier if one wot's not where to find new ones.

Search eBay for 'bass pickup screws' - millions of the things there. Certainly shouldn't need Hohner bits like that.

FYI - I had an active Jack with a dud preamp. Bought a suitable non-Hohner replacement one. Fitted fine, but the shafts on the original blend pot are non standard diameter (normally 6 & 8mm), so I had to hunt around for a pair of knobs that matched the originals, but were the correct diameter. The other Hohner pots are standard diameters.

Screws etc - www.axesrus.co.uk - free delivery.

I replaced the pre in a B Bass (Jack with headstock) with an Artec SE2-A which works perfectly apart from not hooking up to the active/passive switch in an obvious way - I'm sure there's a way.

Other parts are pretty standard - the pups are EMG Selects or similar, so shouldn't be too much hassle.

G.

[quote name='geoffbyrne' timestamp='1380838440' post='2231476']
Screws etc - www.axesrus.co.uk - free delivery.

I replaced the pre in a B Bass (Jack with headstock) with an Artec SE2-A which works perfectly apart from not hooking up to the active/passive switch in an obvious way - I'm sure there's a way.

G.
[/quote]

I put that very preamp in mine [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/206640-sold-hohner-the-jack-headless-with-new-eq-sold/page__p__2074322__hl__hohner%20jack__fromsearch__1#entry2074322"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/206640-sold-hohner-the-jack-headless-with-new-eq-sold/page__p__2074322__hl__hohner%20jack__fromsearch__1#entry2074322[/url]

You can keep the active/passive function by wiring the hot output from each volume pot to the two centre pins of the switch, then wiring the two top pins to the tip/hot connection on the jack socket, and the bottom two pins to the inputs into the preamp. You don't get any tone control in passive mode, just volume, but it bypasses the preamp and lets you carry on playing when the battery goes flat