Why become a member? ×

Fender jazz -SOLD
£375

Philly

[quote name='The Twickerman' timestamp='1381787157' post='2243902']
[url="http://www.fender.com/news/fender-neck-profiles/"]http://www.fender.co...-neck-profiles/[/url]
[/quote]

Yeah, thanks. I know what they are "supposed" to refer to, but I just don't see the similarity to those letters. For example, what is the difference between a D and a U? C and V I get... :happy:

Anyway - lovely bass and I'd buy it if I had any cash! :)

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1379422122' post='2212446']
Hard to tell with the ashtray in place, but the bridge pickup looks more like the 60s position to me? :unsure:
[/quote]

Many 75RI have the bridge at the 60s position. Mine has. Why? I don't know, I'm not well versed in the history of Fender's decisions :)

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1379417904' post='2212360']
I appear to have lost the facility for paragraphs.....
[/quote]
In 'More Reply Options' or in 'Quote' mode.... click the 'Toggle Editing Mode' icon in the top right hand corner of the reply window.

Edited by mckendrick

photo added to show pickguard and bridge cover removed, i will measure the pickup spacing.

https://fbcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/1393494_10151665441661497_838771276_n.jpg

After reading the fender blurb now sure this is a c shape neck! it is very slim shallow and fast to play and has the gloss finish.

Would be interested in a p bass trade.

Edited by Philly

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1381923148' post='2245440']
MIM Classic 60s/70s series, surely?
[/quote]
I imagine these will be something like a routing error on a batch of bodies so they've cobbled them together and knocked them out as an historically inaccurate [i]classic no-date[/i].

Edited by mckendrick

[quote name='mckendrick' timestamp='1381970925' post='2246324']

I imagine these will be something like a routing error on a batch of bodies so they've cobbled them together and knocked them out as an historically inaccurate [i]classic no-date[/i].

[/quote]

Not sure that helps the cause? Are you a salesman?

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1381997812' post='2246419']
Do you know if this has graphite support in the neck?
[/quote]

This doesn't have a graphite support in the neck according to the spec, and does have a c shape neck profile

[quote name='Thebassman75' timestamp='1382136180' post='2248669']
Could you tell me more about the refin please? Is it nitro?
[/quote]

I don't know much about the refin i'm afraid, how can i tell if its nitro?

Its only the headstock where i think you can tell its a refin, as someone on here mentioned it is slightly over the edge and the decal doesn't look like its under the laquer but its a very good job.

[quote name='Thebassman75' timestamp='1382179989' post='2248933']
You can tell it's nitro is you know the feel of nitro and how it behaves in certain lights but unless you know that, it's kind of hard to explain.. Was the whole bass refinned or just the headstock?
[/quote]

whole bass must have been done as its not a standard body colour for the model.

[quote name='Philly' timestamp='1381993366' post='2246372']
Not sure that helps the cause? Are you a salesman?
[/quote]
It's no more speculative than any other reply.

I thought it might prompt anyone with a greater knowledge of these things to note that the regular Mex 70's classic series reissue has p'ups in the correct seventies position, whereas this obviously hasn't.

Sincerest apologies for trying to help. I promise I won't do it again. No, really, I promise.

Edited by mckendrick