Why become a member? ×

Hi from Aberdeenshire Scotland

snotsnail

Just a quick Hello from the foot of the Cairngorms in Scotland. Been using the forum for some time for the wealth of knowledge you all collectively create, but felt guilty lurking in the shadows and never thanking anyone for the wisdom I'd just unearthed whenever I needed to know anything from the Lower register.

Late taker up of the Bass, toyed with guitars in my youth without too much to show for my rather ill disciplined efforts.

Picked up a bass in the last year as I head towards my fifty decades mark and do wish I would have done so a long time ago, although my mind set is probably better today than it was when I was younger as my only motivation today is the simple act of producing a favorable sound in-between the sips of my mug of cocoa, instead of world domination and the subsequent rock'n roll haze and screaming fans which might have been at the forefront of my mind in my teens, slightly obscuring the practicing of scales and intervals at that time.

Have two four string Tanglewood-Overwater Jazz basses at the moment, passive Classic version and the active Contemporary model, the latter which I purchased from the most honorable forum member eubassix a few months ago. And I also have a Godin fretless Acoustibass dated from the early nineties.
Many thanks and Hellos to you all. :)
Andy

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1379345443' post='2211510']
Hey Andy

Do I get you right? You've lived for almost fifty decades? Whoa! Impressive! ;)

best,
bert
[/quote]
Bit of a slip, might be a subconscious one though Bert, just from the way it feels at times!
[quote name='Leen2112' timestamp='1379345765' post='2211521']
welcome Andy.....fit like? :)
[/quote]
Nay bad thanks Leen!