Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer Stage II ('87) *SOLD*
£1500

warwickhunt

[quote name='BassTool' timestamp='1380306024' post='2223655']
You didn't mention this little minx whilst trying to flog me the MusicMan fretless Mr Hunt..... :lol: Last week I would have been round to try this with the money in my pocket. This week............ I found myself with no band :( :( :(
[/quote]eh what's happened jonna?

• 2 weeks later...

Just treated myself to one of these, same year, only #11 ever made :D maybe they shared a rack at some point all those years ago. Fantastic bass, the most natural I've ever felt... And the sound, OH MY GOD THE SOUND THEY MAKE!!! Sends a shiver down my spine...

[quote name='TBString58' timestamp='1381789451' post='2243943']
Just treated myself to one of these, same year, only #11 ever made :D maybe they shared a rack at some point all those years ago. Fantastic bass, the most natural I've ever felt... And the sound, OH MY GOD THE SOUND THEY MAKE!!! Sends a shiver down my spine...
[/quote]

That would not happen to be the one (black gloss) that was in Bassdirect, would it? It's funny that 2 pop up at the same time (as they say, like London busses...)

[quote name='TBString58' timestamp='1381840999' post='2244371']
It would indeed :P the pictures didn't do it justice, black metallic finish, it's covered in a gold dusting... Sexual!!
[/quote]

If you don't mind sharing, how much you get that bad boy for in the end? Very tempted myself by it. Was any light shined on the mystery of the control plate? It obviously isn't the 5th anniversary model (John has one I believe) so I bet it has a bit of history around it!

Sorry for the OT John, this streamer is awesome too ;)

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1381865019' post='2244786']
[size=4]Sorry for the OT John, this streamer is awesome too [/size] ;)
[/quote]

No probs! :D[size=4] [/size]

[size=4]I voiced a theory that the 5th Anniversary was out in 87 and around 87 after the 5ths were released they may have had spare cavity covers sitting around the factory and chances are that 'W' wouldn't just sling them, they may well have fitted them to basses at a later date ('W' weren't a massive company back then so waste would be frowned upon); 87-88 ish. I've seen (on-line) at least two other basses that have 5th plates that are NOT Anniversary model basses, which leads me to think that it isn't a case of someone [/size]accidentally[size=4] swapping a cover over. ;)[/size]