Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ACG Recurve Classic 6 string WITHDRAWN
£1300

Ian Davies

Up for sale is my hand made custom 6 string single cut ‘Recurve Classic’ ACG bass.

I’m sure a lot of you know Alan’s amazing work and this bass is a fine example of that, fantastic in every detail, playability and sound.

I received delivery of the bass in July of this year and the cost of it when first commissioned in May 2012 was £1700. I can honestly say that I have played the bass only a handful of times and it’s never been out of the house, let alone a rehearsal or gig. So the bass is really in ‘perfect as new’ condition.

So why am I selling this great bass? Well, I seemed to have amassed quite a collection of basses recently and I really need to thin the heard, also I’m not sure I’m a 6 string player, which is a shame as this bass sounds amazing and for me it would of been great as a 5 string.

For Sale price is £1300

I’m happy to post if you pay the P&P or you can collect, I’m in the Surrey/South London area.

Definitely looking for a straight sale, so no trades thanks.

This is a great chance to get hold a custom bass at a nicely reduced price and without the year long wait.

You’re very welcome to come over and try the bass and any questions please do ask.

Thanks for looking :)

Here are the official pics...

[attachment=143697:IMG_7093.jpg]

[attachment=143696:IMG_7091.jpg]

[attachment=143698:IMG_7094.jpg]

[attachment=143699:IMG_7095.jpg]

[attachment=143700:IMG_7096.jpg]

[attachment=143701:IMG_7092.jpg]

Details:
Australian Myrtle top
Light weight Swamp Ash body
7 piece maple/wenge set neck
Mac Ebony fingerboard
33” scale
52 mm nut
17.5 mm string spacing at bridge
2 FB humbuckers built into the ramp
ACG EQ03 5/P - filter EQ, with passive tone control and active/passive
Hard case included

The bass is nice and light for a 6 string and balances perfectly on a strap when standing and is ridiculously easy to play (again for a 6 string).

Can be seen on the ACG website here:
[url="http://www.acguitars.co.uk/acg_admin/wordpress/portfolio/0134-recurve-classic-6/"]http://www.acguitars...urve-classic-6/[/url]

As I shall be going abroad in October for some time, this bass will only be on sale until the end of September.

Edited by Ian Davies

Have a Recurve 5 F/less. these are the best electric basses I've played. The asymetric neck is joyous, build quality is as good as it gets and the preamp is the only one I've used that blows away my Wals. Whoever buys this will be WAAAYYYY impressed.. unless it's a current ACG owner, who will smile knowingly...

Hi

The bass is all packed up ready for shipping so I don’t have an exact weight but it’s probably around 9lb, which is very light for a 6 string.

The balance is perfect which I personally find is just as important as the actual weight when using a bass.

If you want an exact weight then let me know and I’ll do that for you.

You’re very welcome to come over and try the bass.

Cheers

Ian

Edited by Ian Davies