Why become a member? ×

Hi

sunhound

Hey All, just saying hello from sunny Salisbury U.K, been playing bass for couple of years after playing guitar for quite a few, enjoy the bass much more, started with a (really) cheap p-bass and amp by gear4music which was more than good enough for learning now have a rumble 75 and a slight upgrade on bass to a squire affinity pj , have to say was dubious of squire as i'd known them 20yrs ago as not very good but seem great value now .

hi guys , thanks for the warm welcome. in answer to Basstractor the amp was g4m own brand as was the p-bass copy still have them as actually pretty good ! i'm toying with the idea of an SGR C-4 to add to my little collection :) oh an Dorsetblue I was born an raised in Yorkshire :D

Hello from another new member
I'm in Cardiff, and it's sunny here today too :)

Yes, some of the older Japanese built Squires are now highly regarded
A guitarist pal of mine has a Japanese Strat - and he says nothing compares to the neck on that

My backup bass is an Indonesian built P bass, with Jazz type neck & additional pickup
I've gotta say, it's not a patch on my Ibanez soundgear, but it's a lot more playable than an old American Fender P I once owned

Welcome aboard
Marc