Why become a member? ×

Sonic niceness - very loud and dazzlingly bright.

6stringbassist

It has the brightest, bluest LED I've ever seen, and can produce 1800 watts into a 4 ohm load.....no I haven't mis-typed there 1800 watts !.

Yet, it weighs only 16lbs.

I've had the 4x10 for a few weeks, but only got the UL-902c today.

This is awsome, an adjective that gets used a lot, but fully justified here, this is amazing. I've tried the UL-502 before, and that's good, but having that extra headroom really makes a difference, also the power amp section of this beast is different.

This particular head was used by none other than Matt Garrison last Saturday.

I've only had it home for a couple of hours, but it's hard to leave it and switch it off, it's brought my bass to life.

I used a Berg IP cab before, that was good, don't get me wrong, but it's as if a blanket has been lifted, this is a different class altogether.
I love my new bass, but it has never sounded quite how I expected it to somehow, I was never disappointed with it, but it's quite a revalation how good it sounds through this rig.

Amazing.

Edited by 6stringbassist

[quote name='steve-soar' post='219370' date='Jun 15 2008, 07:22 PM']You should have put some shades on that LED, my retinas have just started to fry. :huh:
Kev, I am made up for you. I think you have found your sonic nirvana.
So, when are you letting me have first dibs? :)[/quote]I think you misunderstood, when do I get first dibs on the amp? :huh:

Fantastic rig!!

I haven't tried the 902 yet, but I played a 502 through the UL-610 cab I have now. I wrote the Epi heads off orginally as I was looking for a 1u solution (as you can see in the pic attached!)

I would be inetrested to hear how the F1 sizes up tonewise against the Epi heads. I suspect they are very similar!

Here's my Epi'...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=5094"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=Attach...ost&id=5094[/url]