Why become a member? ×

Sold
£375

krispn

For your consideration and FOR SALE only please

The short-lived collaboration produced by Markbass in Italy for Musicman is essentially a Markbass TA503 only the HD500 looks way better ;). It's a punchy amp that is becoming a bit of a rarity. I've read people comparing it to a beefed-up old school Bassman-type sound with more headroom, which it pretty accurate but certainly not the limit of it's tonal flexibility. There is a 12au7 valve in the front end to warm the sound up and give that little bit of grit which sounds great when diggin' in especially with a pick! I've tried 12AX7's but the pre is designed for the AU7 and the drive sounds more musical with it.

This price will include next day shipping in the UK.

The head features speakons, effect loop, ground lift etc and the usual round the back. On the front panel:

-DI level control with pre/post switch,
-mute function
-built in limiter with selectable release time,
-twin channels with 4 band eq which when centred are: Bass 100Hz, Lo-Mid 400Hz, High-Mid 1.25KHz, High 12.5KHz (I think!)
-VLF control to emulate vintage cabs with on off switch

The EQ is straight forward and has many really useable tones and the bonus of twin channels means you can simply flip a switch to mix it up on the fly when gigging.

These are seriously versatile heads and with the twin eq can be set up for two different instruments or different tones for different songs (how I use it). I recently picked up a new to me head and this is now my back up plus I'm gigging much less these days.

- 500 watts @ 4 ohms - 300, maybe, 350 @ 8 ohms
- Separate Inputs for Active or Passive Instruments
- parallel and series fx loop - keeps the bottom end intact for both time based and drive effects dirt sounds great via the loop!
- Tri-Color Signal Indicator
- Vacuum Tube input stage
- 2 independent Switchable 4-Band EQ Channels
- Tuner Out with Mute Function, Effects Loop
- Adjustable XLR Balanced Direct Send
- Exclusive Loudspeaker Variable Response Control
- Adjustable Limiter
- Footswitchable EQ Channel Selection, EQ Bypass, +6dB Gain Boost, and Mute
I do not have the foot switch but the limiter is engaged and not intrusive whatsoever - works like an amp protector! The mute can be controlled from the front via a switch as is the VLF
- Speakon and 1/4" Speaker Output Jacks
- 2 Space Rack Mountable
- Dimensions: 19"W x 3 1/2"H x 11 3/4"D.
- Weight: 24lbs

Edited by krispn

That'll be the one..

Interesting looking head - always wondered what these sound like. Form what I know, it has a very nice feature set - particularly the 2 channel feature.

By the way, krispn is a great guy to deal with, so buy with confidence!

• 6 months later...

Putting out about 300w into 8 ohms I gig with a 8ohm 112 cab and its plenty for me - did run it into a Ampeg 610 at 4ohms at our album launch gig and it was way too loud for the stage - so pretty perfect ;)
It's currently my back up head and I'd really rather not shift it but it's not seeing much use. I have actual pic's available for those who are interested.

Prime Bass Ideally I'd prefer a sale but PM me with trade options i.e. partial cash/trade etc..

Luke FRC shame you weren't local - I'd have happily let you try it out/demo with your existing rig.

Cheers for the props Owen - they are a very very competent amp and if you look at the feature set and style compared to the TA503 - its simply a much nicer amp and fully ready to gig and record.

Edited by krispn

• 3 months later...

Long overdue bump - had the amp at a tech who gave it the once over and replaced a cracked input jack. Gigged it and its still sounding great.

However having both a Mark BassTTE500 and Mesa valve head - its got some stiff competition and while it can hold it's own against these other two, one is at my practice space and the other just slightly more portable for on the fly giging.

Pic's available upon request - might get a sound demo done too if I can find the time pre gig this weekend.

Edited by krispn