Why become a member? ×

Recognition

lurksalot

Me too I've trouble blowing my drum(??!), as the recognition I normally get is sooo wonderful and bloody out there ...

... like for example this time Bill Bruford after a concert, where I'd depped on piano in a drums&piano piece, gave me the appreciation and recognition I feel I deserved for my suitcase - one that would take A3 sheets with ease and space to spare, and thus lots of notebooks and scores. Bloody awesome suitcase that was...

Edited by BassTractor

So just a couple of weeks after this topic got started, and completely out of the blue, I was watching a band at the Brentford Festival today when two guys walked up to me and said: "[i]You're the bass player in the Junkyard Dogs, aren't you? We saw you at the Black Horse in Greenford last month ... great night that was![/i]"

Unbelievable. And very flattering. First time ever.

On a day when I was coping with some very bad news, that cheered me up hugely.

My kids all play in bands too, and we live in the wilds of Lincolnshire. I took my third son for his first day at Leeds Uni - the other end of England - and we were having trouble finding his hall of residence. We stopped to ask a couple of girls the way, and one of the girls looked closely at him and said ....

"Aren't you the drummer from Teens of Thailand - the band from Stamford?"

He was totally blown away!!