Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Flats on a Stingray??

[quote name='obbm' post='218172' date='Jun 13 2008, 11:06 AM']Nick, why not go and put that question on the Ernie Ball Forum. There are a lot of US players who swear by flats on Stingrays.

If you want to borrow a set of TIs to try .....[/quote]

Good idea- thanks Dave. I might veyr well take you up on your offer too

Now, what's my password again for the EB forum?....

I always had flats on my fretless '87 stingray, and I tried them on my 30th fretted 'ray as well. They are certainly interesting on a fretted stingray and you don't really lose that signature stingray sound - it just takes on a different feel.

Of course the strings themselves are an important factor though, I love my TI flats on my precision but didnt like them on my ray - I tried some Labellas on the 30th and they sounded better to my ears.

Only one way to find out... :)

Edited by Legion

I used to have a set off Rotosound Jass flats on my stingray. I think they sound brighter than other brands so I still got that stingray tone. I now have Rotosound Tru Bass black nylon flats and I love the sound, its hard to explain but you can still tell its a ray. I also have Tru Bass strings on my Jazz.