Why become a member? ×

Aria SB1000 ... SCAM?

Fionn

This doesn't add up.

The seller (new seller/no feedback) has presented 2 photos. One is a stock photo of a SB1000JT (black hardware), The other is a stock photo of a SB1000 re-issue (gold plated hardware).

In his very brief description he says the bass is c.1980, mint, plays as new, and he is the only owner. When someone asks about the actual colour of the hardware on the bass being sold he says the tuners are gold plated. This wasn't the case on early SB's, they were chrome. There are 22 bids on this bass thus far. Seems slightly odd to me. not very confidence-inspiring ...

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aria-SB1000-/141037567469?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item20d67e7ded#ht_26wt_1172"]http://www.ebay.co.u...ed#ht_26wt_1172[/url]

Edited by Fionn

[quote name='Fionn' timestamp='1376828561' post='2179553']
This doesn't add up.

The seller (new seller/no feedback) has presented 2 photos. One is a stock photo of a SB1000JT (black hardware), The other is a stock photo of a SB1000 re-issue (gold plated hardware).

[/quote]
The photo (the body only one) of the SB1000 was on a thread on TalkBass in 2007.

I can add the link if anyone wants it.

Edited by BetaFunk

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1376893619' post='2180329']
Scum bag. That's my SBR-150 and those are my photographs that I posted on this site.
I've reported it to ebay.
Those pictures have been lifted from here.
[/quote]

Holy $h1t, that's awful. I'm glad I posted this ... I knew it didn't add up.