Why become a member? ×

Bugera Amps

Marvin

Who are they. I saw one of their heads listed on G4M's website. It seemed very cheap for what it was preporting to be. Go on to their website and all you seem to derive is a PO Box in the BVI's.

Does anyone own something made by them or have used any of their equipment?

I was looking at this a while back.

[url="http://www.bugera-amps.com/en/products/bvp5500.aspx"]http://www.bugera-am...ts/bvp5500.aspx[/url]

Claims to be a 500W valve amplifier, but I get the feeling it's a valve pre with a SS power amp. Also, the 500W (at 4ohms) is peak power, not RMS. I hummed and haa'd a bit and decided against it. Would be good for £295 - if I felt I could have trusted it.

Having said that I do think Behringer get a bit of an unfair rep. The main reason you read so many negatives online about them is because they sell more gear than every other manufacturer put together. So statistically you're going to read more about their kit than anyone else's. In my humble opinion and YMMV, of course. :)

Edited by discreet

That's the amp I saw on G4M. Apparently it'll take until 1st Oct to get to any customer...

Perhaps they ship them over by rowing boat from the BVI's?

And yes, Behringer is ok. I've owned some and it's always been fine. To be honest read the problems people have with gear and every brand is hit and miss if you ask me...which you didn't so then it becomes MHO etc.