Why become a member? ×

TRADED Celinder Custom 6, the only 34" out there
£1600

nobodysprefect

edit: Aight, back up for SALE. I'm moving and want to have as little stuff to schlep as poss so I'm a motivated seller. The bass was set up last in August by my luthier.

I'm looking for TRADED pounds in cash, or whatever in trades, though, as I write above, I'm not very interested in having stuff for the sake of having stuff, because of the impending move.

Well, I traded this back, now letting it go for a second time. My custom frankenbass and the MTD(s) are more me.

In excellent condition. My luthier checked everything and the bass plays really (really, really) well.

Otherwise, it's the same as a year ago. Here's what I said about it then:

As I understand it, mr. Celinder does not build custom basses any more, but his Celinder Update series is well-known.

Lovely, fat tone (sort of Brubaker-Smith love child-ish thing), easy to play, not too compressed... I heard he designed these as a tribute to Ken Smith.

Oh, and the B string is VERY slappable! Pics: [url="http://s626.photobucket.com/user/prkl0405/library/Celinder?sort=3&page=1"]http://s626.photobuc...r?sort=3&page=1[/url]

Here's what Peter said about this bass earlier this spring, all of which still holds true, with the addition that the string spacing is adjustable and I think it might go as far as 18,5 even. 18,3 mm for sure.

[Quote]

I'm selling my custom built 6-string bass handmade by Christian Celinder in his workshop in Copenhagen (Denmark) in '97.

The neck is standard lenght (34"), 24 frets, bolt on, 5-piece neck (3 x maple + 2 x purpleheart). Fretboard is ebony. The body is Danish ash with a top of quilted maple. Pickups are Celinders own handspun C6DC's with ebony covers. The preamp is the Aguilar ODP-3 (18v) with vol, vol (pull/push active/passive), bass, mid (2-band switchable), treble. The control knobs are all ebony.

String spacing @ bridge: 17,5mm (center string to center string)
String spacing @ nut: 10,0mm (center string to center string)

Celinder isn't building his fantastic basses anymore. Back in the day you had to wait for 2 years or more to receive your instrument. I'm the 2nd owner. It's 99% mint condition, only cosmic wear. Absolutely NO deep scratches, nothing. Hiscox Lite Flite hardcase included.

Basses in the same league could be custom F Bass, Fodera and Alembic. This is a one-of-a-kind bass, there is no other Celinder bass with these specs. As far as I know this is the only Custom 6 with a 34" neck ever made, all others have 36" necks.

The pics don't justify the beauty of the instrument.

Price when bought from Celinder: 6.400$
[/quote]

Edited by nobody's prefect

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1377721236' post='2190961']
Chris told me he originally built these basses as "Smith tribute" basses.
[/quote]

Right! That explain the pickup placement and voicing. I've never heard a Smith with as much attack and dynamics, though. This is more punchy and aggressive than any Smith I've had. So, in other words, MY dream Smith? :D

Also, updated the trade info - basically, unless your trade offer means I can liquidate your bass very easily, I'm not interested.

Edited by nobody's prefect

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...