Why become a member? ×

TRADED Fender 50's Precision Bass (MIM) mint
£525

andydye

[s]FS is the Fiesta Red MIM 50's Precision that I got on a very recent trade, it is immaculate, plays and sounds amazing, and already has flats on it so it's perfect! A most excellent p-bass feel and sound for much less than it's USA brother would cost you!

Reason for sale is I have an ACG to pay for soon and I need to get some cash in. I would happily consider a trade for a CV P-bass in Fiesta Red with cash my way as am a total sucker for a red p-bass :gas:

[media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_dye/sets/72157634858629003/[/media]

£525 inc uk shiping or £500 collected from Sheffield (or somewhere near-ish).[/s]

Edited by andydye

[quote name='Big Bass Man' timestamp='1375359552' post='2160214']
This bass was mine till last Saturday when I traded with Andy - it's absolutely awesome - such a great bass to play and the sound is killer!
[/quote]

It is indeed awesome matey and I'd be keeping it were it not for a leetle ACG order that needs paying very soon...I'll almost certainly have another one of these at some point!

Edited by andydye

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1375361624' post='2160253']
I played one of these in PMT Leeds and my precison has the same pickup - very nice
[/quote]

Thanks matey, it sounds spot on with the flats, exactly like the p-bass in my head should!

[quote name='lee650' timestamp='1375377229' post='2160557']
ive fancied one of these for a while, and when I had cash for one 4 months ago there were none to be seen :)
[/quote]

I can confirm their awesomeness and quietly hope some cash becomes available for you imminently ;)

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1375391208' post='2160780']
Bass doc approved of the pickup when he built my bass.
[/quote]

high praise indeed from Lord howard, he's done me some lovely work in the past, particularly lovely fretless neck he fitted to my Geddy Jazz body at the time...superb!

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1376242610' post='2171224']
Is it just me that cannot see the picture?
[/quote]

Hhmmm maybe not matey, it doesn't seem to show the flickr slideshow on the mobile version... :(

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1376243390' post='2171236']
Is it the red one on your Flickr page?
[/quote]

It is indeed matey, I'll add a few direct links to individual pics when I get onto the pc later :)

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1376244208' post='2171247']
It looks awesome. Forgive my question, but having just been on the fender site it seems to be a minefield of different editions. How do,we know it is a 50s Classic Series Precision?
[/quote]

Thanks matey!

That sir is a good question :) and, apart from it looking exactly like the ones on there, having the reverse tuners etc and being sold to me as one, I also have the original store receipt which states that that's what it is?

I haven't taken it apart to look for neck / body stamps etc but I didn't feel the need...

Edited by andydye