Why become a member? ×

Anyone got a Spotify subscription ??

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1373222551' post='2135002']
Looks like I'll join next pay day (end of july). I assume the dd will be taken the exact day you join ?
[/quote]

You don't need a dd, Spotify will take the payment direct from your debit card on the same day every month. Easy Peasy.

I've been on premium for a couple of years now give or take and It's excellent value for money I reckon. I've made most of my playlists available off line and I can bluetooth them to the car stereo from my iphone so get to use it out and about as well as home.
B)

Big fan. But now confused with the introduction of google music (streaming and downloading of my music collection on line) and the new [url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23078741"]Amazon autorip[/url] (ditto). I can't complain at £10 for unlimited music and £12 for unlimited data.

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1373221117' post='2134967']
...the ability to right-click on a song/album/artist/playlist and start a radio station based on that. I discover so much new music this way...
[/quote]

I think that the algo they use based on my music needs serious work: mine keeps repeating the same 20 or so songs - makes me think that artists may be paying to have their music 'featured'.

My wife has a subscription which I occasionally use - very handy in band rehearsals for those "doesn't that sound a bit like..." or "why isn't this working? Let's hear the original" or "why don't we cover this?" moments. Just plug the phone into the aux in and away you go :)

I have it, and use it a lot.
I buy less music, perhaps stuff only that I really want but I've found stuff on spotify that I've bought anyway. Plus there's still stuff which isn't on there. Partly because I know I probably won't have a spotify subscription for the rest of my life and partly because I want my own discs and rips to do as I wish with.

Deezer is also pretty good, I tried it for a while but I didn't like having to use a browser and the symbian phone app was pretty bad.

The annoying thing about the offline stuff is that you have to make a playlist for it, I don't know why you can't just have a list of offline albums.

Edited by krazy_olie