Why become a member? ×

Lightweight Strings

Hi all,

I have just purchased a nice Yammy bass for Mrs Thunderbird (thanks Andy) and I am thinking the strings on it will be to "heavy" for her so what is the very lightest bass strings you can get for sensible money say £20 ish but the cheaper the better lol. I myself use light super slinkys and like them but is there any other brands worth checking out?

Thanks in advance :)

I would think that 30-90 would be easy to source across a few brands...but it is ages since I went looking.
I think Elites were the brand but that would have been late 80's for me.

The thing with light strings ...IMO..is that they must relate to a light touch from both the fretting and plucking hand
otherwise you'll just overpower them...

Thanks guys I might try her on slinkys like mine and go from there but the Funkmasters sound good I will check them out :) Ok after a bit of internet searching I have changed my mind again lol I think I may try some Warwick red label strings in a medium gauge as Charic suggested as they seem to have good reviews and are not a bad price (£13) or I may try some medium gauge rotosounds but I think its gonna be a toss up between those two for now :)

Edited by Thunderbird

I have recently put a set of D'Addario EXL220BTs on a bass (40/55/70/95) to try out some lighter nickel roundwound strings. They cost £16 and in my view are a good compromise between the lower tension and general playablility. I like them.

• 1 month later...