Why become a member? ×

Gone - American Precision Deluxe in Shoreline Gold
£695

mikegatward

This is a 1997-98 American Precision Deluxe finished in Shoreline Gold with a white pearl scratchplate. It has a fender deluxe bridge fitted (rather than the black badass III in the piccies) don't have the original bridge) and it looks the dogs nuts. It's just had a set up done at Trad Music here in Wakefield

It's the version with a humbucker in the bridge position and has a master volume, pan pot for pups, and 3 band EQ. Runs off a single 9v battery (some later models were 18v)

Comes with original case,(covered in stickers) but very usable.

It's in very good condition with only a couple of minor blemishes. One is a couple of minor marks near the side jack socket. The other is a slight difference in shade on the rear of the body where the previous owner had fitted a clear adhesive film to prevent buckle rash.

I'm based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire and am happy to meet up within a resonable distance (say 1.5 hours max). Otherwise we can sort a courier but i'd prefer a face to face deal if possible

Am asking £645 which is well under the price of recent sales of these on here.

Piccies are here:

[url="http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/mikegatward/library/P%20Deluxe"]http://s1126.photobu...rary/P%20Deluxe[/url]

Edited by mikegatward

These are lovely instruments and to my mind with that additional pup, much more versatile than the usual p/j varieties.

I love mine, had it from new and don't intend to sell it.

Good luck with your sale, I think it's a lot of bass for that money.

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1373191048' post='2134440']
Don't fancy a trade for my pair of ibby blazers by any chance?
[/quote]
I'd prefer a sale Andy but I wouldn't rule out a trade. Your Ibby's look nice enough. I guess in these hard times, it's still early days for my ad

[quote name='mikegatward' timestamp='1373359449' post='2136547']
I'd prefer a sale Andy but I wouldn't rule out a trade. Your Ibby's look nice enough. I guess in these hard times, it's still early days for my ad
[/quote]

No prob matey, totally understand, my offer stands as long as I've still got 'em. In the meantime, glwts B)

this is a lovely bass Mike!

[URL=http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/mikegatward/media/P%20Deluxe/c71538a317b54beea0a375309323e2ae.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l614/mikegatward/P%20Deluxe/c71538a317b54beea0a375309323e2ae.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by andydye

[quote name='mikegatward' timestamp='1373981491' post='2143792']
go on, you know you want it
[/quote]

I'd delightedly trade it for my 2 blazers matey? No cash though I'm afraid as I've an ACG in the post to me and an ACG Graft being finished...

[quote name='mikegatward' timestamp='1374675011' post='2151669']
IIRC the original bridge was a 3 hole as well so it required no additional drilling
[/quote]

That's good news at least :)

I think they're questioning whether the holes still line up for the string through?

Edited by andydye

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1374675466' post='2151683']
That's good news at least :)

I think they're questioning whether the holes still line up for the string through?
[/quote]
Yep - the string holes line up fine. I've been experimenting with through body and through bridge. I've also found I've had to move some strings over a saddle slot to get them lined up with the rear pickup pole pieces. Can't help thinking a single P pickup is a lot simpler :)

[quote name='mikegatward' timestamp='1374677178' post='2151717']
Yep - the string holes line up fine. I've been experimenting with through body and through bridge. I've also found I've had to move some strings over a saddle slot to get them lined up with the rear pickup pole pieces. Can't help thinking a single P pickup is a lot simpler :)
[/quote]

:lol: I can vouch for the simplicity of a single pickup :) my blazers are still here for you matey ;)

[quote name='mikegatward' timestamp='1374677397' post='2151724']
And whilst we're at it, if anyone is mulling this over, - some serious GAS (for a bass on here) means I will take a lower offer on this.
[/quote]

Prices are falling through the floor on here at the mo matey! There seems to be either a distinct lack of cash or an uncharacteristic lack of willingness to part with it in order to buy excellent gear at reasonable prices!