Why become a member? ×

Second bass

stuartielow

Due to issues with singers hitting notes (or not) we have decided to drop to e minor tuning for a few songs. To save a bit of faffing around on stage, I'm going to use a second budget bass. I've spotted a tanglewood rebel 4k I like the look and price of. Can anyone vouch for these ladies?

You might find a Westone bass within your budget. A Thunder/Thunder 1A/Thunder Jet or Spectrum. All decent, well-made instruments, eminently gig-able basses and better than anything else you'd find for £100 IMO. A Thunder Jet bass went on eBay recently for under £70, for example. I have a Thunder Jet bass with Seymour Duncan pup and a P-retro and it is a monster. The lower end models aren't fashionable and don't fetch anything like their worth secondhand.

[sub]Add Vintage V4 to the list.[/sub]
[sub]I gig mine regularly,simple no fuss plug in and play ,good build and finish,lasting well on the road,no issues with it.[/sub]
[sub]I have mucked around with it but as standard it was a good bass[/sub]
[sub]Very underated piece of kit.A good honest workhorse and good price second hand.I,ve had it for almost 5 years and it was second hand.[/sub]