Why become a member? ×

Multiple basses live - balancing multiple outputs!

White Cloud

Apologies in advance if this question sounds stupid, or if it has been covered before - but I am a bit of a non-tech guy when it comes to gear! Not even sure if this is the right place to ask.

Traditionally I have only used one instrument when playing live (with another similar model from the same manufacturer as a back up) - this makes sound checks nice and easy when setting up...however I have now decided to use two very different basses on a forthcoming gig. The problem is that one has a much hotter output than the other. I would like to switch between them both several times throughout the night. I know I could simply approximate by adjusting the "hot" basses pickup volumes - however is there an easier, more accurate way of regulating them both in the mix???

I would appreciate any advice out there. I plug through a couple of effect pedals into my TC Electronic amp - the signal is then sent via D.I. to our Mackie 1000watt PA. I really don't want to have to adjust the desk each time I swap over...but I'm guessing this is the correct answer??

Thanks in advance...and sorry for my stupidity. I usually like to keep thing simple dimple.

Edited by White Cloud

I think the Lehle Basswitch can do this, p,us a stack of other things, as well.

I know a few serious session and pro gigging guys who use these for live work and they say that they are fantastic little devices.

http://www.bassgear.co.uk/product/outboard-preamps/basswitch-iq-predi/