Why become a member? ×

SOLD - SWR SM-400 rack stereo/mono amp with valve pre
£250

whatever

SWR SM-400 rack stereo/mono amp with valve pre - £250

Designed by Steve Rabe, , the SM-400 was introduced in early 1985 and has been called "Legendary in the world of bass heads" by Bass Player Magazine. It is a rack-mountable and features:

valve preamp (12AX7)
4-band semi-parametric EQ
mono and stereo effects loop
adjustable limiter
aural enhancer
electronic crossover
stereo/bi-amp balance control
output bridgeable for mono output
XLR balanced out

When used in the stereo mode, the internal power amplifiers of the SM-400 will deliver 300 watts @ 2 ohms, 240 Watts @ 4 ohms and 140 Watts into 8 ohms.

When used in the Bridge mode, the SM-400 will deliver 250 Watts into 16 ohms, 400 Watts into 8 ohms and 420 Watts into 4 ohm loads. I'm including two quality bridge leads in the sale.

A full description is available here:

[url="http://support.swramps.com/manuals/pdfs/sm400om.pdf"]http://support.swram...dfs/sm400om.pdf[/url]

When I used it I bridged the outputs and fed them to a 15' Eminence cab and a 2 x 10 Laney. If any one wants these they can have them both for £100. (No photos yet but I'll sort them if anyone is interested.

The amp is in good condition and I really like the sound. I'm only selling because I'm too old to carry all this gear to gigs. I'm afraid I'm going to buy something that doesn't sound half a good but that I'm able to carry.

Edited by whatever

I've got the SWR 220 from this series (Steve Rabe design) and can confirm that they are [i]really[/i] flexible, great sounding amps. A true 'quality' piece of kit whether you're in the studio or the Dog and Partridge. :D

Great amps and I still use mine at home. It is too good to sell and will do a job.
Many amps still use the enhance type idea ... so this is indded a very CLASSIC and legendary design, IMO.

SWR and a Jazz is all you need.. loved mine with a Goliath.

Edited by JTUK