Why become a member? ×

For Sale: Aguilar Agro £120 - SOLD

Kaiu

Hi

I am selling my Aguilar Agro for £120. It is basically the distortion channel from the Aguilar AG500. It cost me £250 new from the Bass Gallery, but I am not using it enough to justify keeping it.

Taken from the site: [i]The AGRO is a saturation circuit that can be used to create the full range of bass distortion. Tones range from tube-like growl to insane overdrive without losing low end. The AGRO’s three band shelving EQ, contour and presence controls make it simple to shape your sound. Set the AGRO up as an effect unit or use it as a preamp. The AGRO features Instrument level in, line/instrument level out, and an additional line output. Includes footswitch and rack ears.[/i]

[url="http://www.aguilaramp.com/products_preamps_agro.htm"]http://www.aguilaramp.com/products_preamps_agro.htm[/url]

[attachment=9358:IMG_0372.JPG][attachment=9359:IMG_0373.JPG][attachment=9361:IMG_0375.JPG]

It is a great piece of kit, I primarily used it as an effects unit, putting it before my Aguilar DB750. It has lived in a rack all it's life, however there are a couple of scratches (as shown) from removing it from the rack.
[attachment=9360:IMG_0374.JPG] [attachment=9366:IMG_0382.JPG]
Also, which may be useful or not, I found it a nuisance having the footswitch and outputs on the rear of the unit, so I had two holes drilled in the rack ears and had jack sockets fitted. Only one of the jack leads remains attached (I stopped using the other one so I removed it) but if someone wanted to they could easily re-attach another.
[attachment=9362:IMG_0376.JPG][attachment=9363:IMG_0378.JPG]
I am including the: Footswitch, rack ears and american powersupply, it works off uk voltage so I just used an adapter (which I can include). I don't have the box anymore as this unit arrived while I was on tour, it was straight out and into my rack.
[attachment=9364:IMG_0381.JPG][attachment=9365:IMG_0387.JPG][attachment=9367:IMG_0380.JPG]
Aguilar make great gear, and very reliable too. I have done over 150+ gigs with my current set up, from tiny sweaty clubs to arena's and have never had any problems.

Thanks,

Ed

p.s I live in Yorkshire, but I travel alot so it maybe possible to meet up somewhere closer to you. Howver this unit isn't heavy and with the rack ears removed doesn't take up much space so it can easily be posted.

Edited by Kaiu

[quote name='Finbar' post='214156' date='Jun 7 2008, 12:22 AM']Hah, well PM'd doesn't necessarily mean sold, but even if he has, it appears he lives in Sheffield. So I'm totally going to go and check it out :huh:[/quote]

Knowing Andy I'd be surprised if he didn't have it in his mits 10 minutes after sending the PM :)

Thanks guys,

The six string sounds nice, however it is first come, first serve on this one, sorry! This is now sold pending all the usual stuff...

And you're right, he was right in there with the PM and sorting out the pickup! :)