Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot AH600SMX head - SOLD!
£475

zephead

Late 90s Trace Elliot 600 watt bi-amp bass head with 12AX7 tube pre-amp

Everything you want from a bass head - too many features to mention!

Good overall condition only lightly gigged

Cost £1300 new

Last of the original Trace amps!

Weighs a ton so collection only

Edited by zephead

• 11 months later...

[quote name='littleal' timestamp='1401792061' post='2466817']
The holy grail,,, give away price too,

I sold my one & tried Eden,swr,aguilar,ebs ect & ended up buying another one of these,
[/quote]

Don't want a spare do you?

[quote name='littleal' timestamp='1401798564' post='2466928']
I was thinking about that but I have to find an Eden 2x10 cab first & I'm on the isle of Wight so I couldn't collect it,
Shame though, my Ken Smith running through one of these into an Eden 4x10 is pure heaven,,
Al
[/quote]

In that case if you bump into Mark King ask him if he wants it? lol

[quote name='littleal' timestamp='1401798564' post='2466928']
I was thinking about that but I have to find an Eden 2x10 cab first & I'm on the isle of Wight so I couldn't collect it,
Shame though, my Ken Smith running through one of these into an Eden 4x10 is pure heaven,,
Al
[/quote]

Ah, glad to see my old AH600SMX is still going strong! I remember driving down to Pompey early one morning to drop it off for you. How long ago was that?

[quote name='JJTee' timestamp='1401903251' post='2468146']

Ah, glad to see my old AH600SMX is still going strong! I remember driving down to Pompey early one morning to drop it off for you. How long ago was that?
[/quote]

Oh God that was a while ago, I actually sold that one to my friend who still uses it every week, hence he wouldn't sell it back to me, luckily I found another one, they are very reliable & for some reason sound better than the smaller smx heads,,

Best amp ever. Built in x-over, both mono and stereo fx loops, handles 4ohm loads twice you you can hook up lots of cabs and believe me it is more then able to feed those cabs. I own both an RAH600SMX and AH400SMX. The blendable tube (valve if you like) adds some lovely buttery warmth to your tone and the dualband comp is deffo the icing on the cake.

Please note that 600 trace watts do easily blow away other brands amps rated at 1200 watts or even more.

Someone better go pick this baby up soon.

Edited by DiMarco