Why become a member? ×

I suppose I'd better say hello

CHW

Hi all

I'm a member of a pretty active guitar forum too, but there's not much bass related activity there and as bass remains my first love, I thought I'd register here and say hello.

I'm in my mid 30's and have been playing for 20 odd years and 10 years ago had built up a decent array of kit, I then found myself asked to play a lot more guitar than bass and ended up selling on my bass stuff bar odd bits and pieces. When I joined a classic rock covers band last summer I found myself back on Bass (and loving it). Am currently stealing my daughter's 4 string Epi EB0 (It's the short scale budget one) or playing a cheap Wesley 5 string (which is a beast to play and lug about but sounds surprisingly good) through a 1x15 300W Laney cab and head.

I'm not the most technically gifted player but get by as I pick things up pretty quickly which has always meant that I've got gigs- I've played in live originals and covers bands and have done a fair number of functions playing with a couple of ceilidh and barn dance bands.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1371328332' post='2112694']
Is that a euphemism..?
Oh hello Len - I didn't recognise you without your Viking hat on. :)
[/quote]

That being another euphemism??

Well CHW, are you getting an idea of the sort of place you've joined? :)

[quote name='Len_derby' timestamp='1371383844' post='2113135']
That being another euphemism??[/quote]

I've just put an ad in lonely hearts...
'Young, pert ceilidh and barn dance dabbler wanted for outings... must have own Viking hat. No DSS'.

Once you dabble in ceilidh it can be hard to go back- simple driving rhythm that's all about pulse and lift, added to having 100 people up dancing at each and every gig.

Viking hats are optional- cowboy hats are an abomination