Why become a member? ×

Is this really a Fender

Well I don't know a lot about Fenders but I guess this could be a bargain if its real?

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/fender-bass-guitar-/281110732324?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4173815e24"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/fender-bass-guitar-/281110732324?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4173815e24[/url]

Aside from the 'is it' question, why a bargain? It has a starting price of £80, the finish price could be anywhere you'd care to name; there are thousands of instruments listed on ebay with low starting bids but they only remain bargains if nobody bids on them! :D

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1369894361' post='2093957']
Aside from the 'is it' question, why a bargain? It has a starting price of £80, the finish price could be anywhere you'd care to name; there are thousands of instruments listed on ebay with low starting bids but they only remain bargains if nobody bids on them! :D
[/quote] That is a very good point I thought it may be a bargain as usually fenders seem to get more bids than this and its only got a day left. Anyway back to the main question for you guys who know more about basses than me is it real? :)

Headstock looks wrong to me. Fat and squashy. Low E veering wildly off from the nut to the left. String retainer looks like it might one of the cheap pressed steel jobs you used to get on Encores.

Poor chap probably thinks it's a Fender and that he's going to be quids in. :(

Edited by skankdelvar