Why become a member? ×

amp dilemmas

kevvo66

Hello people. Here's my question got ashdown eb180 a couple of wks ago now it's very very loud but the weight well heavy now I now realise I ain't as strong as I once so I'm looking at something more compact micro heads cabs if it was staying in the house it be no probs but goes out any ideas cheers. Kev

When i was gigging, i was looking for something portable. I was looking for the walkabout scout, but nothing was around at the time. In the end, i went for aguilar db112 cab and ag500sc head. Not too heavy, and very powerful. But either of the above mentioned are all good. Markbass looks cool ,as does the freddie krueger stuff.
I thinkmthere are a few basschtters who have this stuff also ;)

Forgot to mention wattage etc. if you play pubs, what kind of stuff do you play etc.

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

My personal fave for lightweight yet powerful is Markbass - sits exactly in the mix where I want it, rather like Ampeg. Not too deep & bassy, not too shrill & toppy. They are quite expensive, but a 210 combo will be enough for most situations. In one of my bands (7 pice punk-type band) I use their smaller 112 combo on its own.

This would be worth a look:
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/208824-markbass-cmd121h-combo-head-ii-mint-never-gigged/

Edited by Lozz196

• 3 months later...