Why become a member? ×

Greetings from Northern Norway

Magne

I just joined and a short introduction may be in order. My name is Magne and I live far above the arctic circle. I started playing bass about a year ago, and the reason I found this forum was because I mentioned on Facebook how hard it was to find info about my Kasuga Rickenfaker. :)

I soon realised when I was looking through the discussions that this forum also can be useful when I'm buying a Boss GT-10B in about 3 weeks.

My gear at the moment is the Kasuga Rickenfaker, a Yamaha RBX-300 and a bass I got from a friend that kind of looks like a Burns Bison but says Duke on the head. For effects I use a Digitech BP50 and my amplifier is a Laney RB3. Can't wait to get the GT-10B. I feel it will open up a whole new world to me.

I look to Les Claypool, Jaco Pastorius and Geezer Butler for inspiration, but it often turn into some kind of progressive stoner metal when I play so I guess you could say I'm mostly influenced by Geezer Butler.

Welcome, Magne. We have a small Norwegian contingent on the forum, I believe. I'm sure they'll turn up and say hi.

Oooo, a Rickenfaker - make sure you never try to sell it on this site! :o <_< (Have a look in the Bass Guitars subforum.)

Geezer Butler - good stuff. Metal (in general) - excellent stuff. Les and Jaco - brilliant stuff. :i-m_so_happy:

Hallå harsta'gøtten! Velkomm til BC. Mine Nårsk ær nått så bra såm jur Engelsk, menn jai hoppast du will trivast hær ( ... og nå får vi se åssen disse folka greier seg med gogel trens let. :lol: ).

Velkommen fra den andre sida! Våren bryter såvidt gjennom her. Og der?

I hope you'll thrive here. As a wise man said before me: they're (Generally) lovely people.
Dunno about many Norse folks here, but I know of several foreigners living in Norway - like myself.

Anyway, do partake in the fun. Don' be no stranger now.

best,
bert

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1369334431' post='2088002']
Hallå harsta'gøtten! Velkomm til BC. Mine Nårsk ær nått så bra såm jur Engelsk, menn jai hoppast du will trivast hær ( ... og nå får vi se åssen disse folka greier seg med gogel trens let. :lol: ).

Velkommen fra den andre sida! Våren bryter såvidt gjennom her. Og der?

[/quote]

Takk.
Hehe. Som vanlig har vi ikke vår her oppe. Her kom sommeren istedet for fullt. Men den tar vel slutt til helga.. ;)

Thanks guys. I actually think we'll just keep the weather we have here right now. Full summer. I didn't expect summer to come until july. Last year it was snowing in the beginning of june. I hope the snow stay away at least til the end of september. ;)

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1369336471' post='2088066']
I have no idea what that means but it sounds rude ...... where's Discreet? :D
[/quote]

It only means that I expect the summer to end in a couple of days..lol

[quote name='Magne' timestamp='1369336533' post='2088071']
It only means that I expect the summer to end in a couple of days..lol
[/quote]

So it's not just the English who are obsessed with the weather :)

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1369336471' post='2088066']
I have no idea what that means but it sounds rude
[/quote]

Of course it's rude. It's Norse.
It can however also be desperation, like when he talks about his stock of Mack beer.

b,
b

Edit: rats; they beat me to it.

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1369336896' post='2088081']
So it's not just the English who are obsessed with the weather :)
[/quote]

Nope. If it's one thing we have a lot of up here, it's weather, so naturally we have to talk about it. I experienced all the four seasons in one day in the beginning of june a couple of years back. Unfortunately it was during an outdoor gig. Fortunately I wasn't playing. :)

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1369336962' post='2088085']
Of course it's rude. It's Norse.
It can however also be desperation, like when he talks about his stock of Mack beer.

[/quote]

Why would I drink Mack beer when I can drink Nøgne Ø? ;)

[quote name='Platypus' timestamp='1369338586' post='2088127']
Welcome to Basschat
Hope you enjoyed your Constitution holiday on Friday :)

Speaking of Weather- been hearing that it hit 27 degrees, in Trondheim, over the weekend.
[/quote]

Thank you, and the constitution day ended up being the party of the year. I'm glad it's only once a year. ;)

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1369339530' post='2088154']
Magne, it's official: I love you. ;)

b,
b
[/quote]

Lol. I can't stand the piss people try to pass off as beer. Someone called me a hipster for drinking IPA.
If that is the case, I'm a hipster. But I doubt it, I don't drink it ironically. ;)