Why become a member? ×

ZOOM B9 1ut ??

Lord Sausage

I thought about getting one of these but never had a £100 free....kids, cases, other things that take precendence. I was gonna buy one of here this week then my missus has strong armed me into painting the kitchen so no spare cash. Anyway, there seems to be a lot coming up for sale on here that were bought at Xmas when £99 on GAK...............whats wrong with em?

I wouldn't call 2 or 3 a lot...

Perhaps some folks - who wouldn't otherwise use effects - grabbed one to have a fiddle with as they were so cheap, and now realise that they still don't really use effects?

What's wrong with them? Nothing really, IMO. I did need to invest a fair bit of time, getting to grips with how it works, setting up patches etc, but now that's done I'm really pleased with it.

I'm the same as Barkin. If I was in a standard covers band, or if I was only in my pop/rock band I probably would have got rid of it too. But, I'm in a band that I use effects in. I use the fuzz ALOT, and I use the synth. Although the synth isnt as good as my previous standalone synth pedal, it does the job well enough.

The way I work it is I have one patch which is my clean tone. On this I have an octaver and a sort of 'vibe' effect. I have a compressor on all the time. I also have a bit of dirt using the pedal to blend it in. Just on this one preset I've got Almost my full previous pedal board! I then have an almost identical patch but it has a fuzz always on, patch 3 again is the same but with the synth sound. In my hip hope band, I use two other patches which have got a few weird noises. that are used once in a set.

For me to be able to do this, I would need atleast 7 pedals.... I'd rather not go down that route! I also get an EQ for making quick adjustments and of course a DI.

Dont get me wrong, the sounds are not world class, but they are perfectly giggable so really its a no brainer IMO.

I got one to use as a home practice setup but I've realised that I hate playing through headphones and the patch settings are too much of a faff for just plugging and playing, so I've shifted mine to get an Ampeg BA108 instead.

Good sounds and tons of potential uses, just not right for my uses right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine may join the throng, along with the case I got for it.

Good unit, and I downloaded the editor and spent some time fiddling with patches trying to get a set of equalised patches for gigging, but in reality I'm too lazy to put the work into getting it all set up for what I want, and I am currently happy with my rig 'sans effects'.

Presently keeping it because I sold the BOD a few months back and it [i]might[/i] be useful for some recording for the amp & cab sims, but even then I have IK SVX on the Mac so even there it is probably surplus to requirements