Why become a member? ×

North west guitar show

CHRISDABASS

MB1.
Special "Show prices" are usually available...
I used to give it a mention when they held it at Manchester Umist/Aintree Racecourse Venues
Haven't been to the last couple
Manchester Bass Lounge return
So there should be some basses to be had!
....Think somebody may be along regarding the comprehensive ad?
Great way to spend a Sunday!

I often go along to these, good shows if you're into guitars AND basses.
The Haydock Park event is the biggest of them all I believe, and usually attracts a large crowd.
Cash can be king on the day for getting good deals, and often there are some bargains to be had
with strings & accessories if you're not looking at a major purchase. If you are, take a guitar
with you as part exchange deals can be had with most dealers. There is a good selection of custom
builders there too, and even some private individuals who rent a stand to sell their stuff.
All in all well worth a visit, although as previously mentioned not particularly heavy on basses.
Cheers, Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the NW Guitar Show at Haydock Park… last minute decision ([i]read:[/i] permission ;)) to go and well worth it.

It was great meeting Drew from [url="http://manchesterbasslounge.com/"]Manchester Bass Lounge[/url] and of course Paul from [url="http://www.13guitarco.com/"]13 Guitar Co[/url] (cheers for letting me have a play on your wares mate!). Most of the exhibitors were fairly light on basses, but good to see these guys upholding the low end of things.