Why become a member? ×

Return of a long lost bass!

warwickhunt

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='210740' date='Jun 1 2008, 07:30 PM']Good point!

Here's the one I'd like to rediscover. A 1978 USA BC Rich Eagle with a Bill Lawrence bridge pick up...I've not seen it since 1996 but would love to find it again...

[attachment=9241:Old_USA_...e_body_b.jpg]

[attachment=9242:Old_USA_..._Eagle_b.jpg]

One of the best basses I've ever owned![/quote]

Your avatar, silverfoxnik. Looks awfully like the beloved Wal I sold in Edinburgh many years ago. Please tell me it isn't. :)

fatback

Edited by fatback

I part-exchanged a [b]Travis Bean 2000[/b] series bass against a wretched Ibanez at ABC Music, Addlestone about twenty years ago. [b]Serial number 222[/b]. It had been customised (BadAss 1 bridge and an ebony board). There were slivers of ebony inserted fore an' aft on the bridge to fill the space.

I really would like it back at some stage, or at the very least know where it is so I can have a play.

Cheers
P

The bass I would love to get back is my Teal Green 3EQ Musicman Stingray. I bought it brand new from the Bass Centre in Wapping around 1998/99. However, around 2002 times were hard and I had to sell it. I so regret doing this as I had dreamed of getting a Stingray oneday and when I got my record deal, it was the first thing I bought. I know I sold it on Ebay to some chap and I had to drop it off at a flat in Kingston Upon Thames, near to a place called Ham just of the Richmond Road. I think the road was Northweald Lane. I don't think the guy lived there so it might had been his sisters or another family member. I keep meaning to go to the flat and see if the person is still there but I never get around to it.

Edited by Linus27

I have to say Warwickhunt, that I'm sure I played that Streamer at Howards a few years ago. I'm sure I may have already told you this. It was battered, the frets were green with gunk, the bass was filthy and the action was awful. But I thought with a bit of a fix up it would be cracking, and look at it now!

Talking of basses that got away, I actually spotted my old Status Matrix bass for sale on Ebay just a couple of days ago! Looks like it has been through a couple of hands since I let it go, but I didn't fancy having it back because I like to try out new basses!

That said, there are two basses from the past that I still think about a lot and wouldn't mind getting back!

The first is my Status Stealth mk1 bass. It was my first 6 string and despite sounding awesome, I just wasn't enjoying playing it that much. I sold it to a bloke whom I believe lived in Wales but was from Crewe. I'm sure he drove a silver Vectra. Anyway, I sold the bass through Bassworld or Basschat, met him and handed the bass over and that was that! It was a cracking bass though.

And of course, the other one is my old Kubicki, #1777. Made in 1989, I got it when I was 16. This was truely an awesome bass, aside from my Thumb its probably the one that "clicked" with me the most. I'd have this back if I found it, not just for nostalgia but also because it kicks loads of ass! Funnily enough on Talkbass I found the guy who has #1778!

• 1 year later...

[quote name='Toddy' post='667339' date='Nov 27 2009, 01:36 PM']Might know where this is!!,,

Lad in Crowle plays in a band,,, got one from electro methinks,, and is thinking of selling again... will give him a call,, check some details... :)[/quote]

Only a year later but did this go any further?

Any idea who was in the band/what they were called??

Cheers