Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: MM Stingray 4 - Trans-teal - NEW PICS
£850

Gust0o

Back again - straight sale or Gibson/BC Rich trade only.

------------------------------------------

Afternoon all.

I'm sure these basses need little in the way of introduction - however, please find for your delight and consideration one Musicman Stingray.

The bass was completed on the 22nd February, 2002, is a 4-string, 3eq model. Colour is trans-teal, showing some nice grain, and with a rosewood fingerboard.

There are no issues with the bass, and no major blemishes. There are three small dents, for want of a better word, on the rear of the neck (c.14th fret - though I will confirm this) which I've shown here, and do not affect playability.

This is a beautiful instrument. It's solid, very well made, and has been a realiable performer. It is, however, one of the heavier Stingrays - it feels like a real instrument, and I've enjoyed owning it.

[i]So, why sell it?[/i]

It's one of three. It's in the best nick of my three, and thus it tends to stay in its case and avoid gigs and rehearsals. It's probably time to let someone else have a go.

[b]Price is sale or trade[/b] - and inclues an official Musicman hardcase. Starting at £850, but we'll see how we go :)

If I've gone too high or too low, I'm sure the PMs will tell me - and happy to here offers in the region of.

Preference would be collection or drop-off, if you're somewhere where I can get to you - though if you want to come round and try, I can throw in a cuppa and a bacon butty.

If shipping is the only way, well let's have a chat.

Trade-wise... talk to me about:[list]
[*]Fender Jaguars
[*][s]G&Ls[/s]
[*]Gibsons - new and old
[*]US BC Richs - new and old
[/list]
I nearly never find exactly what I want, so feel free to try me anyway - even that Bongo Stealth is looking delicious! Happy to put cash in to make any deal work, should the balance work in your favour :)

Thanks!

Let's have a glorious bank holiday bump.

I'm assuming £800 is about right, snuggled between the last prices for the HH models and the 2EQ.

Happy to be more open on trades. Jazz and P types would be considered, also, and I can add cash to make a deal.

Have I gone wrong here, seems awfully quiet? Happy for PMs if I'm way off the kilter with the price - but didn't think £800 was too bad for a superb Stingray, with MM hardcase, but I appear to be talking to myself in my own thread :)

Have replied to the PMs, but perhaps people have had their Stingray gas fulfilled!

Replied John.

I finally have some new pics, which I'll add tonight. Sorry, work has had me all over the country!

Still open for trades, and mulling over a few options. Am also making a punt on the Bongo Stealth - meaning so I am prepared to discount the cash price here to facilitate a sale, this week only.

To expand the trade options:

- Gibson Thunderbird
- Gibson Les Paul
- Gibson RD
- Gibson Grabber
- Gibson Ripper
- Gibson SGZ

- BC Rich Eagle
- BC Rich ST
- BC Rich Mockingbird

Happy to take multiples of cheaper; happy to take cash if traded bass cheaper; happy to add cash.

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1369228689' post='2086579']
[size=4]- Any Rickenbacker[/size]
(But must be all black!)
[size=4][/quote][/size]

[b][size=4]Traitor!![/size][/b]

[b][size=4]:lol:[/size][/b]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1372803002' post='2130299']
Wish I had the readies to take this back off your hands. As a previous owner I can attest to it's loveliness :)
[/quote]

Amen, stunning bass!

Was attempting to move on to free up some funds to go for either an H/H or H/S model - I suspect you'll say I'm mad!

• 2 weeks later...