Why become a member? ×

Sansamp VT Bass

Gully35

Hi guys. I'm after an overdrive pedal that creates an Ampeg VT sound. I looked into the VT Bass and was a bit concerned that most people had it always on. Can you switch it on and off for sections of songs for example?
If not what would be another good choice. Sort of Queens of the Stone Age sound I guess.

Thanks.

I use mine in both ways. Sometimes depending on the bass (I tend to have it on low drive settings to beef up passive basses) or the song (some songs require distorted sections so I will turn up the drive and only engage the pedal on those sections). Most of the time when I'm using it with my active jazz, I leave it on high gain settings to use as a distortion pedal.

It really works either way - you'll only be limited by having only one of them, I have considered getting another so that i can leave one on permanently for tone and another for distortion and boost!

You can switch it on and off - and the EQ can be set to a fairly flat sound if you keep bass/mid/character at noon and roll off the treble. I prefer the Catalibread SFT personally, so give that one consideration also!

Yeah man I looked at that a while back, but I bought a radial j48 instead. I was a bit concerned that the VT bass is left on kind of taking over the amp.
I think the new VT bass DI looks a good job with the DI and blend control, however I have the radial which is pretty awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Salt on your Bass?' timestamp='1368533514' post='2078053']
Not meanign to derail this, but how does the BDI21 compare with the VT? Is it worlds apart of can you dial in a similar-esque vibe?
[/quote]

This comparison of the BDI21 and Sansamp's BDDI is worth a read:
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/sansamp-bddi-vs-behringer-bdi21-blind-test-294957/