Why become a member? ×

What would Mr Hall do?

Stacker

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1367164952' post='2061981']
Does the upside down headstock cover them?
[/quote]

I think it's a 4001 C64 model which are genuinely like that, even the right handed ones. Not photoshopped.

Edited by KevB

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1434311109' post='2798604']
Listing ended and no sign of it in the 'shop'. John Hall, or maybe George Lucas, 'Strikes Back' :)
[/quote]

Says 10 left, but maybe all gone. I suspect a famous musical instrument maker has snapped them up for 'Employee of The Month' awards.

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1434363793' post='2798866']
Says 10 left, but maybe all gone. I suspect a famous musical instrument maker has snapped them up for 'Employee of The Month' awards.
[/quote]No BIN or bid button :( I've contacted the seller to see if they've actually got them, but 'you know who' have told them to cease and desist.

"Gentlemen welcome to the Rickenbacker anti-marketing committee. For too long we have simply neglected quality control and raised prices... but this is the internet age.

We can now focus on customers who are dedicated bass players that already feel positive about our product... and piss them off.

These are people with both the time to track down our guitars and the money to buy them. Now go to your web browsers, find their forums, their chatrooms, their listing boards and make sure they feel that Rickenbacker is threatening them personally."

[quote name='cytania' timestamp='1434436798' post='2799441']
Surely all the bad feeling Mr.Hall has generated on this site has got to have affected UK sales?
[/quote]
Dont know ?
They are running at 24 Month waiting list on up from 18 on some basses.
They are in profit, unlike Fender ?
They pay living wages to American workers and not outsource jobs to China.
Who's daft ?

You start selling Fake Nike trainers, fake CD's, fake any big brand and see what happens.

I don't think he gives a sh*t to be honest, you either want one or you don't.
But you are not copying them and thats that.

[quote name='spacey' timestamp='1434488169' post='2800177']
Dont know ?
They are running at 24 Month waiting list on up from 18 on some basses.
They are in profit, unlike Fender ?
They pay living wages to American workers and not outsource jobs to China.
Who's daft ?

You start selling Fake Nike trainers, fake CD's, fake any big brand and see what happens.

[b]I don't think he gives a sh*t to be honest, you either want one or you don't.
But you are not copying them and thats that.[/b]
[/quote]

But it's not about copying them that all the fuss is about.....sure go for the Chinese factories that are making them and selling them now ...it's about him going after individuals.

I bought an Arbiter copy in 1975, I was 17 and had no Idea that it could have been illegal. I bought it from a reputable shop new. I sold it a couple of years later(oh how I wish I had kept it!!1) and was happy. Fast foreward to Today,if I was selling it now,even though I bought it 40 years ago, in good faith,Mr Hall and his cronies would be on my back straight away.

In my opinion he is being unreasonable. I know American copyright law says that he has to be seen to be protecting his patent but going after individuals? really? come on! Attack the manufacturers and the distributors ....they should know by now that they shouldn't be dealing in fakes, but give a kid a break if he bought one twenty/thirty years ago!

What I don't understand about the waiting list, is surely they wouldn't be in stock anywhere if customers are waiting for them, but I see them in stock all over the place. My local shop in High Barnet had one last year, and when I asked about it the owner said he'd ordered it in on a whim to see if it would sell. No waiting, it came straight from the distributor. It sat there unsold for months, as it was a dog to play.