Why become a member? ×

New Member Here.

CamdenRob

Hi,

Just joined up here as a new member :)

I've just come back to bass playing after about Six years off. I've had to grow up and get a proper job since the last time around but I've got the bug again big time.

Does anyone else find themselves flicking through pages of gear online then wondering where the day has gone? Why has this happened to me? I used to be normal... well relativly speaking...

I've started off (again) with a Spector Legend (bought it of a guy on Denmark street with an impressive moustache) and one of those little GK amp heads and a compact 112 cab. Sounds bright and punchy even if my fingers don't quite move like they used to :unsure:

I've got myself one of those little TC Ditto loopers and I'm enjoying just feeling my way back into it jamming with myself. Hopefully I'll make it back into bands at some point work schedule permitting.

Anyway, this seems like a freindly forum to be a part of. I always enjoy reading these posts so hopefully I can be a part of that too.

Rob

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1366876735' post='2058297']
Does anyone else find themselves flicking through pages of gear online then wondering where the day has gone?
[/quote]

Bwa-ha-haaaaaa-haaah!!! Welcome to the forum, Rob... you'll never leave.

:crigon_04:[size=4] [/size]

I used to be normal well relativly speaking...

Anyway, this seems like a freindly forum to be a part of. I always enjoy reading these posts so hopefully I can be a part of that too.
[/quote]

Not entirely convinced that being [i]normal [/i]and being a [i]bassist[/i] are compatable ;)

This is a great friendly place, so welcome and enjoy :)

Thank you all very much :) I feel a warm fuzzy feeling of acceptance... but they may also be the burritto I just had for lunch :unsure:

Placed an order for a custom build from letts basses today. Going to take about 20 weeks to build so I might start a thread detailing my experiances with this. Its really quite interesting chossing everying from woods, to shape, to electronics etc, looking forward to seeing what the end product comes out like. Also got a second hand cort curbow fretless arriving tomorrow. Never tried fretless before and this little bass looked like a fun place to start. I'm not doing well on the 'avoiding buying bass stuff' front... the girlfriend is most disapointed.

Edited by CamdenRob

Hi,

Just joined up here as a new member :)

I've just come back to bass playing after about Six years off. I've had to grow up and get a proper job since the last time around but I've got the bug again big time.

Does anyone else find themselves flicking through pages of gear online then wondering where the day has gone? Why has this happened to me? I used to be normal... well relativly speaking...

I've started off (again) with a Spector Legend (bought it of a guy on Denmark street with an impressive moustache) and one of those little GK amp heads and a compact 112 cab. Sounds bright and punchy even if my fingers don't quite move like they used to :unsure:

I've got myself one of those little TC Ditto loopers and I'm enjoying just feeling my way back into it jamming with myself. Hopefully I'll make it back into bands at some point work schedule permitting.

Rob
[/quote]

Hehe you said member! :lol: