Why become a member? ×

Amp Repair Guy stole my Amp!!! Help!!

DanielMount

If he repairs amps for a living, theres quite likely a reasonable explanation. Its not earning him anything sitting in his place.

Having been in the business of repairing stuff, including amps.and having closed businesses down, I know.

Its not unusual to have people leave stuff and never collect it. At some point you have to decide what to do with it. Although he should write to you - twice, but both letters can be in the same envelope, before he disposes of it. Its just too much of a pain tbh.

The Police wont be interested, its a civil matter. If you cant find him, try the local Trading Standards, and local music shops etc, see if they know of him. If you know where he is, go see him, he might be waiting for you to turn up with some money, thats what he repairs amps for, and its probably taking up space in his workshop.

If he's as bad as you say, empty a pint of maggots into his letter box, and post a dead fish through it when he's on holiday.

Edited by BILL POSTERS

If it is the guy I dealt with thru the shop, he is very laid back about this and goes missing a lot.
I'd pop round to his place and talk face to face.... as he might have other issues distracting him.
He will always say he is VERY busy and I have no reason to disbelieve him.
I got my problem sorted in the end..just not as quick as I would like...

He might have lost your contact details...

Talk to him face to face before anything else..and get the current state of play....

I dont understand the YEAR thing.(a dam long time) December time (would that be this Christmas Stress thing HAVING to buy gifts for people)

I think just have to go around and do a Face to Face, and if that dont work NAME HIM.
Prooving who really owns it after all this time
----
as all the Poop talk, i dont want to EVER pee off any of you lot,
But a Muck spreader and drive pass his house

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='grumble' timestamp='1367571111' post='2066969']
From all these posts I assume there is a secret BC Scatology clique I have been unaware of ?
[/quote]

Now you're just taking the piss ;)

Edited by RandomBass

If everyone is talking about the individual that i'm fairly certain they are, i've also had dealings with them and found their service thorough and professional.

I would definitely try and approach them directly and maybe ask the mentioned shop if they have had recent contact with them. It would be surprising and disappointing if you had indeed been ripped-off.

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1366233886' post='2050053']
As above. Name and shame. [/quote]
Might be best if we avoid defaming anyone on Basschat if possible. Feel free to create you own website though.

I would take all steps you possibly can. Serial numbers, photos of distinguishing marks, police case etc. Don't make it easy for him to do this.

If you need a fantastic amp guy, you can ask on here or take a look at the list we have...er, somewhere. I used Jon Griffin at G-tek in Chiswick for all my stuff. He even made me a stereo mixer/power supply for the Alembic.

[quote name='johnDeereJack' timestamp='1366289396' post='2050553']
Nah, do a Mike Paton and crap in his hairdryer. Next time he turns it on he'll get a facefull! :D
[/quote]

ObFatFreddy'sCat: "Wait until he puts on his stereo headphones!"