Why become a member? ×

jamming station

Super_Mario_Bass

[quote name='Super_Mario_Bass' post='208448' date='May 28 2008, 10:24 PM']hey guys,

im looking for a little effects box, or drum machine

something which is a drum machine you can plug into and jam along with?

i've looked into the tascam bass trainers but they done seem quite what im looking for

has anyone got any reccomendations from the bass wisdom out there?

:)[/quote]

AdrenaLinn III - IMO one of the best multi-fx + drum machine (with synchronized effects).

It may be a gap in my education, but I have never seen the point of noodling around to a drum machine, without having a defined chord structure to play around. Most of the suggestions so far only give you a drum machine.

For the same kind of money as a multi-effects unit, you could get a copy of Band in a Box, and install it on your PC.

It will enable you to put together a chord sequence, define the style of backing track, mute the bass part and then pick the speed at which you want to jam. Since it generates a bass part within the backing track, if you run dry, you can look at what 'they' did for that style of music.

It will also unpack downloaded midi files, so you can select and mute the bass line.

It can also take a MP3 or CD track, and work out the chord sequence for you - that's quite impressive.

Food for thought?

[quote name='Alien' post='208544' date='May 29 2008, 12:23 AM']Look into the Zoom B2 / B2.1u - quite highly rated by many on here. The drum machine is pretty basic, but it's OK for jamming along to.

Andy[/quote]
+1

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Alien' post='208544' date='May 29 2008, 12:23 AM']Look into the Zoom B2 / B2.1u - quite highly rated by many on here. The drum machine is pretty basic, but it's OK for jamming along to.

Andy[/quote]

+2

It has 36 drum beats and 4 metronome beats.
does the job.

On the lookout for something similar myself, although I'm looking for the added functionality of mp3 playback. I've ended up narrowing the field down to the Boss Micro BR...

A little pricey and isn't really useable as a 'live' effects unit, but you do get a 4 track digital recorder included.