Why become a member? ×

Gibson Thunderbird - FLOWN THE COOP - SOLD - GONE
£550

dougal

[color=#ff0000][size=5]FLOWN THE COOP - SOLD - GONE[/size][/color]

Up for grabs is my Gibson Thunderbird.

I've been umming and ahhing about this bass for a while now: it's genuinely a great example of a thunderbird, it's just, it's a thunderbird, and not suitable for about 80% of the music I play.

It came to me the tail end of last year: I've played a couple of gigs with it, but the majority of the mojo is from a previous owner.

It's original apart from: the bridge, which has been replaced by a [url="http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=264"]superton[/url]e (I don't have the original) and the strap locks have been replaced with the locking kind.

It's been knocked about a bit, have a look at the photos. I'd say this bass if for a player, not a collector.

Bass is in Egham, local delivery can be arranged. I will happily ship ay the buyer's expense.

Comes with vampire case in a lovely pink / purple. According to the serial number, it was made in the [color=#000000][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Nashville Plant, TN, USA, [/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]August 11st, 2000[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Asking £550 plus postage. Cash only as I'm downsizing and going monobasastic for a year. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]mark on the neck:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Lump out of the headstock[/size][/font][/color]

Some light damage to the finish on the body:

marks on the lower bout

Edited by dougal