Why become a member? ×

Belated new bass day!

Mornats

Got this 6 weeks ago but I've been moving house and have been very busy recently so not had a chance to show it off. It's an Overwater Classic J (Tanglewood-made) in CAR and is lovely. Needs some stuff done to it, I'm putting flats on it soon with a heavier gauge than what it's got so it will need a good set up. Also thinking about upgrading the pups.

But I'm loving the passive P sound from it (it's the J that needs a bit more beef) as it's so different from my actives.

Here it is next to my Ashdown rig:

[attachment=132467:547816_10151341511146555_547234344_n.jpg]

Nice aren't they? I bought a used one from here, and I'm very pleased with it. Lots of bang for your bucks, IMO.

Mine has a black/white/black scratchplate - not sure which I prefer...

I know what you mean about the J pup - I evened mine out quite a bit by dropping the P and raising the J. I shan't be touching the P pup, as it sounds great, but I'm tempted to swap the J for one of the standard Entwhistle ones. I emailed them about it, and he replied that his standard J pup is hotter than the Overwater spec one. And they're only a tenner or so...

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine :)

The J p/up seems to be a recurring issue on these basses. One BCer I am aware of got in touch with OW and they swapped out the original fit for a new OW item that was a lot better FOC.