Why become a member? ×

Classic Ibanez

Please, someone buy this, before it is too late and my resistance will weaken.

[url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/140951478338"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/140951478338[/url]

If it was good enough for Phil Lynott. . . . .

I have one of these and it is a Very Good bass, indeed.

If someone wants a great bass and is not bothered about it having F,G or R on the headstock,
this is the one for you.

Ibanez, of this period, made some stunning basses - top end build quality.

Grab this one.

Cheers. :)

This is mine, at work. :)

Edited by FlatEric

[quote name='andy159' timestamp='1365843185' post='2045077']
whats the linkie
[/quote]
[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1365843508' post='2045082']
This one?

[url="http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=140951478338"]http://pages.ebay.co...id=140951478338[/url]
[/quote]

Sorreee. :)

Altered.
Thanks.

:)

[quote name='mikegatward' timestamp='1365890512' post='2045799']
The collection only is a bit of a pisser :-(

Would any kind local BCer volunteer to facilitate postage ?
[/quote]

So...the only remaining question is whether mike will be going for it or not...if he doesn't I'm tempted if the collection assistance offer still stands...

Edited by andydye

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1365930855' post='2045999']
Paul, I've PMed and offered to collect too. I'm also expecting to be driving to Yorkshire 1st May. I'm sure between us we can cover it with no worries.

Cheers
Rich
[/quote]

Sounds like you are offering a better deal if you are driving up that way, too! Let's see how it pans out. :)

Hmm.. Mike Vs Andy... let the "Battle of the Basses" Commence!

I think Mike does sound serious about it. He's an experianced ebayer too, so he'll bid at the last moment. Maybe Andy and Mike should chat it over. It'd be a shame to lose it altogether.

Andy mate

If it's a bass you really want then I'll step aside. I'm trying to get a roadster identical to the one I had back in the day.
This one is close but 'no cigar' - mine was passive, just volume and tone and I think a slightly lighter wood finish.

I would have made one bid of £155.02 at the last minute to beat off any non-BC ers making a cheeky bid. More than happy for you to bid instead of me. PM me and let me know what you want to do.

And Rich, if you' ve time to kill when you're up north, feel free to say hello anyway

[quote name='mikegatward' timestamp='1365943400' post='2046235']
Andy mate

If it's a bass you really want then I'll step aside. I'm trying to get a roadster identical to the one I had back in the day.
This one is close but 'no cigar' - mine was passive, just volume and tone and I think a slightly lighter wood finish.

I would have made one bid of £155.02 at the last minute to beat off any non-BC ers making a cheeky bid. More than happy for you to bid instead of me. PM me and let me know what you want to do.

And Rich, if you' ve time to kill when you're up north, feel free to say hello anyway
[/quote]

Mike matey,
Am happy for you to punt on it as I'd not spotted it was active from the super dark photo showing the controls, if I can find a passive one I'll be sorely tempted.
All yours good sir!

• 3 months later...

[quote name='Emanew' timestamp='1375046901' post='2156203']
These cool basses are still here ? I am interested :)
[/quote]

I've a pair of blazer basses for sale matey? Link in my sig...in case they tickle your fancy