Why become a member? ×

Music Insurance

baseline9

I recently insured my gear through the house contents insurance (I'm a tenant)

I was surprised at how easy it was and it only puts a few pounds a month onto your premium

I covered 2 basses and a amp for £4k, I listed the items and provided serial numbers to the insurer so they are covered no matter where I am in the UK.

Music Guard is also good and I used to be with them. They are a little more expensive although you prob get better coverage for what you pay for (I think i used to be covered in Europe too).

Def worth looking into with your house insurer if anyone is thinking of doing the same.
I'm with the co-op insurance

Cheers.

Edited by baseline9

I recently insured all my gear. Everything I have, worldwide including unattended vehicles, with £1,000,000 public liability. Comes to about £80 for the year, but much cheaper without the public liability. Got all mine through Allianz after seeing them at LBGS.

You have to read the contract small print.
Most exclude stolen from unattanded cars without a lockable boot, if the seats fold down from inside the car, they class that as a none lockable boot.
Been there, done that, thieving lying ******* all of them.

Edited by spacey

Also, be very careful on home policies to check if you use your basses for anything remotely semi- or professional. If you earn money from playing your Bass / gear you may find that you are not covered.