Why become a member? ×

Acoustic Image Contra II bass/double bass combo with extension cab and original covers/cables *SOLD*
£500

Original thread locked apparently but at [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/187263-acoustic-image-contra-ii-bassdouble-bass-combo-with-extension-cab-and-original-coverscables-l500-withdrawn/page__fromsearch__1."]http://basschat.co.u..._fromsearch__1.[/url] Now I'm in rural Wales I'd be happy to post/courier also
Chris

Edited by Beedster

Pics as promised. These were taken on my phone in crap light and not only does the crap lens appear to have distorted the shape slightly but for whatever reason they look a lot older in the pics than they do in the flesh. The wonders of the iPhone......

Anyway, they sound great!

Pic 1: How I use them for electric bass

Pic 2: How I use them for DB (putting them up on the stands not only extends the bass but appears to help the rest of the guys on stage hear what I'm playing also)

Pc 3: 10" down-firing speakers

Pic 4: Controls

Pic 5: Serial no.

Pic 6: Rear panel

Pic 7: The bags, really high quality and protect the units very well (the one on the left has been stored inside the one on the right hence it looks a little smaller and more crumpled).

[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/Beedster/DSCN1495_zpsef704c34.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1365205615' post='2036866']
I once owned this rig. Sounds the dogs ...
[/quote]

Ha ha, that's probably true of most of my gear Clarky! Cheers mate, hope all's well?

[quote name='SteveJ' timestamp='1365246502' post='2037138']
That's a lot of great kit for £500.
[/quote]

Thanks Steve, it is. I'm using it for everything from DB through to mandolin, with electric bass, acoustic guitar and electric guitar along the way! I've pretty much given up gigging however to focus on recording, so having just bought a tube combo that will cover me for the occasional gig on guitar or bass, or for those 'only tubes will do' moments during recording, so the AI is finally on its way.....

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1365252046' post='2037208']
Looks great but am looking for a two channel amp.
[/quote]

No worries Ash.

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1365252046' post='2037208']
Looks great but am looking for a two channel amp.
[/quote]

If you have another pre amp it's possible to use the effects return as a second channel, as with many single channel amps with effects loop or aux in.

[quote name='Mr Bassman' timestamp='1365282803' post='2037730']
If you have another pre amp it's possible to use the effects return as a second channel, as with many single channel amps with effects loop or aux in.
[/quote]

Thanks Keith, hadn't thought of that!

AI rig now sold pending the usual

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1365115848' post='2035715']
Original thread locked apparently but at http://basschat.co.uk/topic/187263-acoustic-image-contra-ii-bassdouble-bass-combo-with-extension-cab-and-original-coverscables-l500-withdrawn/page__fromsearch__1. Now I'm in rural Wales I'd be happy to post/courier also
Chris
[/quote]

Sorry Chris,
You had flagged it as 'withdrawn' so I closed it down.

For information - if anyone gets stuck with locked ads if a sale fails or because of a change of mind then just PM one of the Mods and we'll sort it out for you pronto! :)

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1365449076' post='2039850']
Sorry Chris,
You had flagged it as 'withdrawn' so I closed it down.

For information - if anyone gets stuck with locked ads if a sale fails or because of a change of mind then just PM one of the Mods and we'll sort it out for you pronto! :)
[/quote]

Ha ha, no worries at all mate, although I suspect that a policy that closes down any of mine or Clarky's listings on that basis could give the mods a lot of work!
Cheers
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1365449375' post='2039859']
Ha ha, no worries at all mate, although I suspect that a policy that closes down any of mine or Clarky's listings on that basis could give the mods a lot of work!
[/quote]

That's OK, they need the exercise... :lol: