Why become a member? ×

what expression pedals work with the line 6 M5

0175westwood29

My official Line 6 one died after a fairly short space of time and despite being kept securely in a pedal case so I can't recommend them.

I'd 2nd the Ernie Ball, a couple of friends use them and they seem very well made and have a nice feel to them. Mission Control pedals do a Line 6 specific expression which looks very good and is around £100. That's if you can find a UK dealer with them in stock.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1364637694' post='2029045']
The moog ep-2 works with it & it's solid (though I've had to change the cord in it once). Also has a handy potentiometer on the side for adjusting it's range.
[/quote]

Apart from the cord issue, how sturdy are they? I'd like to not have to spend £100 odd on a decent pedal unless I have to.

Although £40 isn't a massive outlay. Decisions...

Roland EV5 is what I use, as long as you remember to keep the knob on the side up at 10 (I have a bit of tape keeping it there) then it's fine. One minor annoyance is that it works in reverse by default, but it's easy enough to set the values the other way around, you just put the pedal all the way back, change the settings to where you want, and push it down and put them where you want to go.

I use mine for pitch glide (just an octave down) and haven't had any issues with it. I can try it across the full range if you'd like as someone above had a problem with theirs.

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1364646943' post='2029175']

Apart from the cord issue, how sturdy are they? I'd like to not have to spend £100 odd on a decent pedal unless I have to.

Although £40 isn't a massive outlay. Decisions...
[/quote]

The Moog pedal is pretty solid. The cord issue was a 2 min fix. It's quite long to start with & all I did was unwind from the spindle inside & tie it back on, that was @ a year ago when playing at home & it's been fine since.
The pedal itself is made of a thick abs plastic & has a metal baseplate. It feels solid underfoot & haven't had any gig issues.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1364690273' post='2029790']
The Moog pedal is pretty solid. The cord issue was a 2 min fix. It's quite long to start with & all I did was unwind from the spindle inside & tie it back on, that was @ a year ago when playing at home & it's been fine since.
The pedal itself is made of a thick abs plastic & has a metal baseplate. It feels solid underfoot & haven't had any gig issues.
[/quote]

Thanks, I'll get one ordered.