Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble 350

Hobbayne

I`ve used the lower powered Rumble amps, and I really like them. The 100 isn`t loud enough for gigging, the 150 is, dependent on band-type, so the 350 should have no problems. The sound of Fender bass amps is a warm rich tone, fits nicely in the mix.

I did have a Bassman 350 210 combo which I think was out before the Rumble series and it was a great amp, no problems in a band setting at all.

Fender bass amps are one of the secrets of the bass world, not many about, but as soon as you try one you think, why is that, they`re great, why aren`t more/all bassists using them. For me it`s the weight, they`re too heavy for me now. If I could have kept the Bassman 210 I would have.

Edit - and used with a Precision, the sound is amazing.

Edited by Lozz196

Yes, I do have one. Had it for over 2 years. Gigged it, taken it to loads of rehearsals. I think it has quite a versatile range of tones and plenty loud enough, I've never had it up past half way volume. It's kept up with a band at gigs without PA support. Fits in the boot of a car quite nicely. You've got a good range of features on it which also makes it useful for practice at home i.e aux in and headphone sockets. The build seems very good.

I wouldn't describe it as light, however the castors come in handy :) and it's more portable than a 410 cab (for example the 410 cab in my sig :))

Given the price, for a one box solution, it ticks the boxes. I can sling my bass on my shoulder and carry my Rumble into a venue...so only one trip from the car. RESULT!!! :)

I've got the seperate 350w, so a Rumble head with the 2x8 cab and it's brilliant! Honestly can't rate it highly enough.
I used to have the Fender Rumble 25w practice amp (they don't make i anymore) and i loved that but it wasn't loud enough for gigs so i just upgraded. I tried a 150w combo at a gig and it was good too, i really rate these amps.
I play with a Squier VM Jazz and it's got the brightness i want and also handles the lows perfectly, just a nice warm tone.

Of course i'm assuming the combo is the same as the head/cab seperates...

Spec-wise I've always thought that the Fender Rumble series looked pretty good. I just think they look a bit naff aestheically speaking.

The bottom of the range guitar combos that Fender make (Mustangs etc) look great; why not the same motif for the bass series? I like the look of the TV range, but £600+?! No thanks!

Truckstop

I received mine yesterday, and apart from getting the wrong AC plug, (the right one arrived this morning), It sounds great. I will gig on Saturday and see how it sounds in a band situation.

Edited by Hobbayne

[quote name='Perry' timestamp='1365010285' post='2034136']
Hmm, (scratches chin) I'm not in a band as yet so not sure on the sound required but, playing at home I like a clear sound but with a bit of warmth.
[/quote]

Well it`s a difficult one, but I suppose I`d describe the Fender as a James Jamerson type sound, and the Hartke as a Flea/Duff McKagan type sound. Not exacts I know, but a generalisation of what the strengths of each amp are. I`m sure each could have a go at the others type of sound though. Amps nowadays are flexible, but they all have a specific voicing.

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1365010692' post='2034144']
I received mine yesterday, and apart from getting the wrong AC plug, (the right one arrived this morning), It sounds great. I will gig on Saturday and see how it sounds in a band situation.
[/quote]

Nice one. Keep us updated after your gig...

Cheers

Geoff