Why become a member? ×

FEELER: pimped Squier vmj SOLD

Motocross_nick

Hi all, not sure if i really want to get rid of this but the thought has been coming up in my mind of passing it on.

Great bass for the money (many say the best budget bass out there atm, I myself believe it is much better even as stock than any MIM jazz ive played)
bought off paul h on these forums not that long ago.

Since i bought it ive put in a j retro pre amp and a badass2 bridge (came with the EMG's).

everyone raves about these basses but in the long run i just dont think jazz basses are for me :)

if you're interested pm me an offer and we'll take it from there

pics to be up shortly..

EDIT: Got 2 pics up, but they were taken before the badass2 bridge was put on and the j retro. Will have new pics up asap.

cheers

Edited by Motocross_nick

[quote name='budget bassist' post='208114' date='May 28 2008, 03:29 PM']I think you'd be getting more interest if you'd kept the original p'ups in there :) do you still have them by any chance?[/quote]

I have to disagree! If the EMGs are pukka ones and not 'selects' then I'd sooner have those installed than the stock pups!

Guest MoJo

Have a look at this [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120266537903&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching"]pimped VMJ[/url] . Snapped up on eBay for £350.....yes £350. Fitted with EMG's, a tort guard, 'vintage' control knobs and a Fender decal on the head. No sooner had I been notified of it's presence by email than it was sold. My initial thought when I saw it was 'NO WAY'....£350 for an Indonesian Squier! They're having a laugh. Who's laughing now? I live and learn

Guest MoJo

[quote name='budget bassist' post='208114' date='May 28 2008, 03:29 PM']I think you'd be getting more interest if you'd kept the original p'ups in there :) do you still have them by any chance?[/quote]

They seem to crop up on eBay with amazing regularity. [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Duncan-Designed-Jazz-Bass-Pickup-Set-Vintage-Fender-S_W0QQitemZ180246005255QQihZ008QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]Here's some[/url] and there were some on there the other day for £20 Buy It Now. I must admit that having owned a VMJ, the pups do have some nice tones but the output is quite low and many owners seem to rip them out in favour of EMG's or Wizards and the like

Edited by bassman2790

Yeah, i can see that side of the argument, which is partly why both of my current basses are active, i'm reluctant to go back to passive but i'm thinking about it.

Also those p'ups you linked to are also advertised for £20 in the other musical stuff section on here by a fellow chatter :)

[quote name='nash' post='209744' date='May 30 2008, 04:48 PM']i wish i had 300 notes right now. id like a jazz with emgs[/quote]

I highly rate the EMG jazz pups. Not "vintage" sounding but they're the nuts IMO.

How much does this bass weigh, by the way? I'm on the lookout for a fairly light bass and I think I was looking at one a little while ago but perhaps decided that it was any lighter than my current jazz (9.2 lb)

[quote name='Motocross_nick' post='209546' date='May 30 2008, 12:10 PM']BUMP

would anybody be interested in this for 150 without the upgrades?

cheers[/quote]

Do you now have the original pick-ups?? You said earlier that you didn't. Just working out if you mean original as in bridge but still the EMG's or the original bridge and pickups??

[quote name='Linus27' post='211315' date='Jun 2 2008, 07:24 PM']Do you now have the original pick-ups?? You said earlier that you didn't. Just working out if you mean original as in bridge but still the EMG's or the original bridge and pickups??[/quote]

Hi, indeed you're right, would be 150 WITH the emg pickups but without the badass or preamp.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...